Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

How to stop bed wetting?

lesliefu is offline Registered User

How to stop bed wetting?

My daughter is successfully potty trained during the day, but up until a couple days ago we still put her in a diaper during the night time, so now she is diaper less. Unfortunately for us, that means she has wet her bed two times in a row! We took the plunge cause her diaper was DRY in the mornings, thinking it was a sign she was ready! Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am clueless! I heard bringing her for a midnight pee would help...but am scared that will wake her up! Thanks in advance!

Honkyblues is offline Registered User

Personally, I would put her back into diapers at night until she is dry for at least 2 or 3 weeks. How long was she dry for?

Also, do the obvious things like no liquid for an hour before bed; take her for a pee just before she hops into bed...

How old is she, btw?

lesliefu is offline Registered User

Thanks Honkyblues, she was only dry for three consecutive days, and before that maybe dry every other day for 2 weeks....thought I was on to something, you're right, probably put the diapers on for the night time...she's asking for them...didn't want her to bcome reliant on them in the day time...when she's not been using for a while already. She's turning 4 next month, but has a learning delay, so Id treat her like 3 1/2 or so. I do the obvious you mention already....guess I should wait? Does it just come naturally? I didn't really have to potty train her as she felt the need to poo and the pee in the toilet...you think I should just relax about it? Was just hoping there'd be this "magical" formula :)