Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carang

Nursing to sleep

evgreen is offline Registered User

Nursing to sleep

So about 6 weeks ago, some of you may remember that I was having problems with a daytime nursing strike and a baby that seemed to nurse throughout the night. Well it seems that after LO's first two teeth came thru, she started nursing again as usual and sleeping much better!

LO is 9.5 months and she is sleeping just fine at night often going 11-12 hours a night without nursing at all. I nurse her to sleep almost every night as a part of our bedtime routine. She is able to soothe herself to sleep just fine if she does wake up on occasion, but other occasions when she wakes in distress, I go to her and nurse her back to sleep.

My question is, although nursing her to sleep doesn't seem to be problematic at this stage, will it become problematic later on? Should I try to avoid nursing her to sleep or keep going until she grows out of it?

carang is offline Registered User

not much help, but i would just say.... do whatever feels comfortable to you both and whatever you are ok with....

if she is self-settling now, then it shouldn't be a problem in the future.

good luck and do what feels best/natural to you.

goldenexplosion likes this.

candyman is offline Registered User

My LO nurses to sleep till now. She is almost 13month old. The only problem is my concerns over her tooth decay.because after nursing she is already asleep and very annoyed if I start to brush her teeth.i have noticed her 6 little teeth are as good looking as before and I am trying to quit her from nursing to sleep.

evgreen is offline Registered User

I'm concerned about that too. Does offering a sip of water after nursing help rinse out the mouth? Not even sure if that would be effective.