Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By charade

needed ob/gyn recommendation

Irishmom is offline Registered User

needed ob/gyn recommendation

Hi every one,
    I am 9 weeks pregnant and new to this forum and though I have done my part to search same thread it didn't really help in me, I did tried to called several Doctors but seems all are too busy to take the call, I manage to call Dr. Lam in central but the lady answer me seems in a hurry just quoted me 2800$ for antenatal I am still talking as I want to know what is antenatal covers for but instead she just give me their time available and put down the phone, it's my first baby and new to all this thing. we live in Gold coast can anyone recommend Ob/gyn closer to this area, I really appreciate any help as I have some spotting.

charade is offline Registered User

You could try Dr. Eric Lee on the 15th floor of Prince's Building in Central. He charges about 1000 (inclusive of sonogram) and was very caring although I wasn't delivering with him. Tel: 2521-2567

On the Kowloon side, a friend recommended Dr. Shell Wong in Femina Health Centre (http://www.feminahealthcentre.com/)

I saw Dr. Jimmy Mak at Baptist Hospital for my second child. When I called the nurse said he would see me only at 12 weeks but when I mentioned I was spotting they made an appointment right away. They do ask if you plan to deliver with him though...I said I would like to meet him and decide and they were ok with that. I did decide to deliver with him but ended up at a public hospital due to an emergency c-sec.

Not sure if Kowloon would work for you coming from Tuen Mun though.

Irishmom likes this.

thank you so much charade I really appreciate your help I will try to call Dr. Eric and hope I can get through...as for kowloon yes seems too far for me, thanks again

charade is offline Registered User

Good luck Irishmom. Hope you can get an appointment...he seems to have become more popular since I saw him but weekdays should be less busy. Prepare for a longish wait time at the clinic though.

Regarding spotting, as I mentioned, I had it too for both pregnancies and it freaked me out, particularly for the first. However, all went well with both my pregnancies. I took progesterone capsules for my first pregnancy for a while...if your doctor doesn't suggest it, ask about it. Some don't believe in it, but others do and generally, I don't think they can harm.

Gracey is offline Registered User

To be safe, if you have spotting, see a doctor sooner rather than later. Consider your local public hospital / clinic if you feel there's an urgent matter. You can always switch to private later. Good luck!

baby09 is offline Registered User

hi irishmom,
    I fully recommend Dr. Edmond Hon of Well Woman Health Clinic. I was a first time om and he came in literally last minute to deliver my baby becos Dr. Philip Ho who was my OB was out of the country at the time as my baby came one week before her estitmated time! - I was in total panic at the time and it was a long bank holiday too!! - but Dr. Hon came in immediately even though it was a bank holiday and kept popping in every 2hrs to see how i was doing, even though he was supposed to be spending the day with his family!! - He also kept reassuring me everything was going fine and joking with me . when baby decided to come out he kept telling me in detail all that was happening. throughout the whole ordeal he was both patient and reassuring, and always with a smile on his face. He will explain everything in detail and have the patience to listen to your worries which is very important to me. He is now my official gyno and i will not go anywhere else. he is based in central though and can be reached on 2899 2293. i find his fees reasonable too. hope this helps.

thank you every one for the kind reply and apologize I wasn't log on for sometime, having really difficulties with the pregnancy symptoms and even looking at the computer making me puke :( but no matter what if this is what I have to get through to be a mom still a Blessing.

I would be able to book to Dr ferguson how ever she's fully book so have to wait until next week.