Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Mainland Mum in Hong Kong with No ID (yet)

penguinsix is offline Registered User

From out of left field, but is it possible to get her UK citizenship / passport before the delivery date?

HG19 is offline Registered User

Moving back to Uk is an option that im trying to explore but even mainland Chinese going to Uk is not an easy option, a very last option but we are looking at all options at the moment with the focus begin trying to fight or battle in HK first as i work here, have apartment here etc etc . going back to Uk would be a complete start again.

thank you .

Aquarian is offline Registered User

You *can* give birth in hk - if your wife turns up at a&e in labour, they *have* to take her - ID or no ID. But don't expect a warm welcome and they won't release the birth certificate until you've paid up ($90,000 I believe at the mo). You won't get prenatal care on the public system before the birth though so you'll have to pay privately for that too (unless you have insurance). I think you either do that or plan to give birth in china. I sure as hell wouldn't want the stress of this kind of battle with IMMD going on whilst I was pregnant. They are extremely inflexible.

Thanks for the feedback , we are going to private antenatal care at the moment, we will continue this battle until we are forced to make a choice.

It should be clearly stated on my employment contract to say. o by the way you can come and live here and be apart of the tax system but if you want to have a family you will have to go home and do it.

thanks

carang is offline Registered User

yeah, see... that's not accurate. there are are separate rules for mainlanders. whether you like it or not, they exist and are not hidden in any way, shape or form. if you still choose to make hk your home, then you need to play by their rules.

it's not that i'm unsympathetic, i am very much so... but like i said, these rules are there and they are not hidden.

Redestiny is offline Registered User

I am sure I read a poster while waiting for my appointment at United Christian that if non residents wished to deliver there they had to pay hk$32,000 deposit for registering with them.

I think your wife can give birth in HK, but you will have to pay.

Aquarian is offline Registered User

United Christian (along with some) other public hospitals won't accept ANY non resident bookings anymore. Zero. The a&e will take you in an emergency, but you can't 'register' with them if you're not a local mum. I think some other hospitals will take a small quota of nonresident mums, but that quota will have been filled months ago. The reality is hk hospitals don't have the capacity to deal with so many mainland mums coming here to give birth. The rules they have imposed seem harsh in some circumstances, but until they change the rules about getting permanent residency, prioritising local residents seems to be the fairest solution.

We know we will need to pay, the hospital that our doctor said we can go to wanted 55.000 which is fine and then we waited for the phone call that said now they will not accept us because we are not permanent residents.

carang is right im afraid, however our doctor 2 months ago told us she can put us forward so we thought it was all fine but the hospital has refused us, im not sure if a different doctor and different hospital will provide a different solution.

even we can pay it seems we are not allowed even if there was space ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast