Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Anyone experienced MULTIPLE MISCARRIAGES and then went on to have a healthy child?

AmyH is offline Registered User

My sister has had a few. First pregnancy miscarried in first trimester then went on to have two healthy babies. Tried for a third baby but miscarried at 15 weeks, then at 20 weeks. She then went on to have a healthy baby after the two miscarriages.
    She had an issue with an incompetent cervix. For her last pregnancy the doctor put in a stitch to keep the cervix closed (not sure what this is called). She had to have lots of bed rest etc and her son was born two weeks early.

planning a baby is offline Registered User

Incompetent cervix: miscarriage causes

Thanks for suggestion.
    Having an incompetent cervix was what I read about before and checked with my doc.
    I was told I don't have incompetent cervix or abnormal uterus shape either.

Am happy to hear your sister went on to have successful pregnancy :)

penguinsix is offline Registered User

Cousin of mine had two miscarriages but now has three very healthy children (one just represented the USA in an international under-20 sporting event). Her second miscarriage was very late and they had to induce delivery of a stillborn baby. Was very hard on her emotionally, but she got through it with some help.

Not sure the cause of the miscarriages. I think one might have been related to an illness the mother had during the pregnancy (like the flu or something).

But getting pregnant and having a baby can still happen, even if you've had problems in the past.

Good luck.

candyman is offline Registered User

My neighbor had three miscarriage before she had a healthy baby. Her miscarriage was not found to be related to any specific reasons.
    For myself I had two time of spotting when I was carrying my daughter who is one year now. The doctor said there was nothing much they can do about it. So I can totally understand your feeling.
    Good luck and am sure u will have a healthy baby this time

Last edited by candyman; 08-29-2012 at 01:52 PM.

nino is offline Registered User

I had two miscarriages before becoming pregnant with my first child. They were unexplained and I had d&c for both. For my successful pregnancies, my doctor put me on baby aspirin and progesterone for the first few months. I have two kids now. It's a really tough experience, especially when there are no answers. I read as much as I could about miscarriages and made a few lifestyle changes as well.

sselarka is offline Registered User

I had two miscarriages, both at about 6 weeks, no tests were offered and no reasons were given. Then tried raspberry leaf tea, acupuncture and aspirin and had a successful pregnancy. Just moved to HK and currently dealing with another miscarriage at 6 weeks - forgot about the aspirin this time. Naively thought that after one healthy pregnancy we were in the clear. When we try again, I will be taking aspirin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12