Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Piano teacher for 3 year old wanted

trttrt is offline Registered User

Piano teacher for 3 year old wanted

Looking to start formal piano lessons for my 3 year old. Weekday mornings preferred. Anyone interested, please pm me. If you know of anyone you wld like to recommend, I would love to hear from you too! Thanks!

carey is offline Registered User

Hi Trttrt,
    I don't have any teachers to recommend.

but i was going to ask you if 3 is not too early an age to learn to play an instrument. I have a three and half year old Boy. He loves singing, dancing and music. When we go to the toy stores he only picks instrument toys.

We want to help him to build on this interest. But not sure with which instrument and when to start.

I have read a few thread about wanting to find the right teacher to teach 3 year olds.

Hope you can share your experience.

What do you think too is a good music teacher for young kids?

Thank you and sorry to hijack your thread.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

My daughter has just started piano lessons. She turns 4 next week and started within the past month. The teacher is quite young but I'm happy with her - my daughter didn't want to take piano lessons but she really enjoys them and talks about her teacher all the time. The teacher comes to our home which is very convenient. If you're interested, I can PM you her details. Personally, I think that 4-5 is a good age to start, depending on the maturity and interest of the child. The reason why I started now was because I know my daughter CAN do it, and I thought it was best to start before she starts full day school next year.

Quote Originally Posted by carey View Post
    Hi Trttrt,
    I don't have any teachers to recommend.

but i was going to ask you if 3 is not too early an age to learn to play an instrument. I have a three and half year old Boy. He loves singing, dancing and music. When we go to the toy stores he only picks instrument toys.

We want to help him to build on this interest. But not sure with which instrument and when to start.

I have read a few thread about wanting to find the right teacher to teach 3 year olds.

Hope you can share your experience.

What do you think too is a good music teacher for young kids?

Thank you and sorry to hijack your thread.
    Hi carey,

Honestly I am very new to introducing my lil one to musical instruments as well!

But I am in the view that 3 years old is not too early to start learning music or piano. Some might say its too early for piano since their fingers might not even be able to reach the keys. What I am seeking is not for her to really learn playing the piano yet but to form a bond with music and the instrument, the piano. I caught her gleaming eyes when she saw my husband play on the piano at the music store and she has been asking me about lessons.

It might be easy to find a piano teacher qualified to teach a beginner but I would like to be careful with getting someone who is familiar with teaching kids this young and following through till later stages, as I want my child to develop the interest and love for music/piano. I also do not want any bad habits to form or for her to pick up the wrong things that might hinder her learning in the future.

It's kinda subjective what makes a good music teacher. For me, I am hoping the teacher would be patient with my little one and nurture her love for music.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolejoy View Post
    My daughter has just started piano lessons. She turns 4 next week and started within the past month. The teacher is quite young but I'm happy with her - my daughter didn't want to take piano lessons but she really enjoys them and talks about her teacher all the time. The teacher comes to our home which is very convenient. If you're interested, I can PM you her details. Personally, I think that 4-5 is a good age to start, depending on the maturity and interest of the child. The reason why I started now was because I know my daughter CAN do it, and I thought it was best to start before she starts full day school next year.
    Hi nicolejoy, Sure I would love to have her contact. Great to hear your little girl is enjoying herself and liking the teacher! :)

evgreen is offline Registered User

I don't think it's ever to early to start playing music.

bellevuemom is offline Registered User

Hi, just saw the thread. Did you find a piano teacher already? I am looking for one for my 5 year old too. Wondering if you have anyone to recommend? THanks.

Hi,
    Found a nice teacher for my child and would love to recommend. But let me find out if she is keen to take anyone else on before I pass you her contact ok? :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast