Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Nanny / Helper / midwife.

HG19 is offline Registered User

Smile Nanny / Helper / midwife.

Hi Everyone

Im looking for a bit of help and or advise.

I live in Tiu Keng Leng (ocean shores)and we are about to have our first baby in about 4 weeks!!

I work a lot so it will be just my wife at home on her own , although I can help out at weekends and in the evenings we are looking for a local helper / midwife to support my wife with looking after the baby in the first month or maybe two.

We want somebody that knows about new born babies and that can help out if and when my wife is too tired, ideally a 8 – 6pm , mon – fri position , we are not asking for a cleaner or anybody to live with us, duties would include changing the baby’s nappy , perhaps help with cooking for my wife but also someone to support my wife and become a good friend to her and my family.

My wife is Mainland Chinese and I am from UK so mandarin speaking would be even better.

Please let me know your thoughts, recommendations or if this sounds like a job for you then please get in touch with relevant information.

Many thanks
    Daniel

keninhk is offline Registered User

I can possibly recommend a midwife, great experience in dealing with newborn and new mothers. Unsure if she speaks mandarin, but definitely Cantonese and passable English. We used her, and she was a total godsend for the 6weeks we used her for our first.

Since I don't have permission to give her mobile, can I get yours in a PM and will pass to her to contact you?

She will need to know:-
    - Dates needed, to see if available
    - Hours and time per day required (We used for 8hrs x 6 days, from 10-6pm).

Everything else you can ask her when she calls. Her name is Ling.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Liquorice is offline Registered User

Here's a link with the details of some agencies that provide such a service Maternity nurse, night nurse and pui yuet

You should find the local agencies useful to you if you are after mandarin speakers. I called a few to enquire but unfortunately they said none of their nurses' English was good enough (I don't speak Chinese). As I recall they had Cantonese and mandarin speakers.

saya1 is offline Registered User

Hi keninhk,
    Would you still have the contacts of the midwife you recommended? I'm 29 wks pregnant w/ twins & I need a midwife for 1 month starting early May. Thx
    Posted via Mobile Device

keninhk is offline Registered User

Just saw PM and have replied

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

EYM
    EYM is offline Registered User

Hi there, I used this agent to find a local pui yuet who speaks mandarin, the agent (Stephen) speaks mandarin and ok English, and I found him very helpful. http://www.hkpda.com.hk/