Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

role of agencies

EarlyYears is offline Registered User

Thanks Carang! We will highly consider paying her off as we don't fully trust her as well.

EarlyYears is offline Registered User

Although I think we do have good reason to let her go without any pay.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I would be telling her that if she was quitting, SHE has to pay YOU notice. It would be out of the goodness of my heart if I allowed her to quit without paying me notice. I definitely would not be paying her out if she was the one quitting! Sounds like she is manipulating you...

miran and carang like this.

miran is offline Registered User

completely agree with Nicole. If an employee quits - they serve notice or payment in lieu.

lollipops is offline Registered User

I had another chat with the agency today and completely agree with mummymoo about "the agencies here have a bit of a scam going and I am certain they make money on the churn rather than keeping helpers in their jobs long term (as if helpers ALWAYS worked out, a large number of them would go out of business as they dont make any money on renewals).", as now they're asking me to pay her cash instead of airticket. So very annoyed and have heard many other similar stories, wonder how/why agencies can just get away with this!

I guess if the termination ended in good terms then I wouldn't mind asking the helper to serve notice rather than giving her payment in lieu but she was already giving me such nasty attitude and the way she talked/acted it seemed she's already sought advice on how she can "force" me to pay her for termination. Too bad!

mummymoo is offline Registered User

Lollipops you DO NOT have to give the helper the cash for the air plane ticket. You will not be in trouble with immigration, the labour dept if you give her an e ticket back to her home - its even safer as there is a trail of who paid for the ticket ect so she can't claim you didn't give her her due. Don't allow them to scam you.

carang is offline Registered User

it is quite common to ask for cash. if the helper is going onto another employer, then they may need to change the seat or time or date of the flight.

when we terminated our previous helper, i went online immediately and found the average cost of a flight 2 weeks after her termination date and printed off the costing. i had her sign it and i paid her cash for the ticket. (i also photocopied each of the money notes i gave her and had her sign that, too.... with our neighbour signing as a witness!)

JudyChan is offline Registered User

Did you find any clue when you interviewed her? As I am a beginner to find and hire a helper, any advices? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12