Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

any feedback on "Abacus" KG at Clear water bay?

swinging is offline Registered User

any feedback on "Abacus" KG at Clear water bay?

Hello, is there anyone who attended or heard about Abacus school?
    How is the reputation?
    Please advice~

carang is offline Registered User

it is an esf school. have only heard good things about it.

lydiahall80 is offline Registered User

I am sorry I cannot tell you about Abacus. But my three year old son is currently at Sunshine House Clearwater Bay and is having a fantastic time. When we arrived we were so confused about which school to send our son but we received such a warm welcome at Sunshine that we knew it was the school for us. The curriculum is very diverse, (I would never have thought my son would be speaking a few words in Mandarin) and he is always happy to go to school. He has made some lovely friends and is always coming home and telling me great stories about cooking and different outings. He really seems to have flourished. If you are looking for a Kindergarten in the Clearwater Bay area you should take a look! Sorry i cannot be any help with regard to Abacus.

charade is offline Registered User

Abacus is the ESF kindergarten, and one of the big attractions is kids who go there get priority to the ESF school. At least kids who get admitted this year will. The curriculum is play-based and the teachers are all qualified. I applied this year for my son, did the parents orientation and "play date" (their version of interview). I was impressed, even more so that they didn't interview my child but let both of us play. that said, their curriculum is very oriented towards learning through play, so you should be okay with that. I also like that their admission process is random, after you are put in the native english category, it's based on lucky draw which I think is fairer than scoring a child based on some perceived intelligence. Even though this resulted in my own kid being put on a waiting list. In the end, I chose another kindergarten for my child as it looked like he'd only get a PM session, but if it had been AM, it would be my top choice.

kacoak is offline Registered User

They are offering a bilingual English - Mandarin stream starting this coming academic year. I believe it's the only ESF KG to do that at the moment.