Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: Anyone agree children learn better with Technology?

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • Children

0 0%
  • Technology

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Children's Learning with Pc or IPad

amanda_457 is offline Registered User

Children's Learning with Pc or IPad

Lately,I found some research, children learn better with technology,but I doubt if its work for my kid.I afraid someday he might addict with Ipad instead of learning new things. Anyone who can give me some advice????

shri is offline Administrator

I am against using the latest gadgets for learning.

Kids need to be focused on basic skills - reading and writing - without the distractions that these technologies offer.

Hate to break it to you... but humans have been educated that way for the longest time and I challenge anyone out there to convince me that iPads are doing a better job.

amanda_457 is offline Registered User

I found this wedsite about using technology for kids to learn better

BBC News - Does technology hinder or help toddlers' learning?

screens can be beneficial to learning - and the more interactive the experience the better.

Any mother lets their child to learn with internet (such as e-learning) or games?

OX Jess is offline Registered User

Amanda, you did not need to choose whether you let your child learn with Internet. Nowadays I realize that most kindergartens adopt Internet teaching: parents are required to watch some stories on an Internet so as to finish a piece of homework. Sometimes the child is also required to do some exercises on the Internet. Of course there are still lots of actual writing and reading to do but Internet learning becomes very common in the present day.
    I personally never encourage my two sons to use iPad (certainly not iPhone as I believe reading on a tiny screen is so bad for their eye sight), however, what I realize is they do learn something from reading something /working on an Internet. However, direct human interaction is the best of you want to bring out the best learning result in children. Therefore I am not very against using Internet in amongst children but if I had the time to spend with the, I certainly prefer teaching them myself through interaction.