Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Is it alright if I had alcohol for the past 1 week only now to realise Im pregnant?

BabyBubblyBear is offline Registered User

Unhappy Is it alright if I had alcohol for the past 1 week only now to realise Im pregnant?

Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read through my post and then replying. Im kinda in a desperate situation where some advice would do me good as Im kinda freaking out about the safety of my unborn baby.

See.. I had a test today and just found that Im 2-3weeks into pregnancy. But thing is, would it affect my baby at all if I'd been consuming alcohol on an alternate day basis for the past 2 weeks? And would it be too late if I started on the intake of my folic acid now? Also, does anyone know of any stores in HK where they actually do carry organic supplements (Im thinking big stores like ThreeSixty)? Pls advice thank you!!

xx

rani is offline Administrator

Congratulations!! You should be ok. Many women don't realise they're pregnant for a few weeks and have had a few drinks and go on to have healthy babies. Start taking the folic acid now too. You can get it at the regular pharmacies around HK. Not sure if I've seen organic. Good luck!

BabyBubblyBear likes this.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Sweetblueberry is offline Registered User

congrats! if you need them right away... IMI in central has a large selection of supplements. Not sure that they are organic.

if you can wait 1-2 weeks, iherb.com has a huge selection cheaper than what you can find in HK. i posted a code on your other thread.

IMI Hong Kong health clinic nutritional supplements | herbal natural remedies | Weight loss, detox

GeorgieS is offline Registered User

hi there :) i found out i was pregnant at 5 weeks after i had just been back in melbs for my best friends wedding and had the biggest night in a long while! im now 27 weeks and everything has been fine the whole way through. you can only control what you can control so dont worry about what you cant change, the stressing is probably worse than the drinking :) now that you know you can do all the “right” things, they have elevit vitamins at watsons and just enjoy the miracle unfold. Congratulations and enjoy! xx

OldtimerMum is offline Registered User

iHerb has all the supplements you can think of and their prices cannot be beat by HK stores.

iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements & Natural Health Products

catkculhane is offline Registered User

Don't worry about the drinking. I went to a bachelorette party in Miami when I was 1-2 weeks pregnant and of course didn't know. I was sober for literally about 10% of the weekend and my son now not only has 10 fingers and 10 toes but is a smiling, happy, healthy, smart little boy :) You'll take great care of that little baby going forward and the best thing you can do now is not stress. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and congratulations!!!

rani and BabyBubblyBear like this.

not pizza is offline Registered User

Congratulations!!
    You sound as unnecessarily worried as we were when my wife got pregnant.
    I'll repeat the same advice they gave us at the time - don't worry, everything will be fine!
    Go to your MCHC, book your OSCAR (public channel is just fine) and enjoy :)
    If you want I have some leftovers of our supplements (including folic acid), just PM me.

Gracey is offline Registered User

My theory is to not worry about things I can't change. You can't undrink the drink now, so let it go.
    In Britain and Continental Europe, pregnant women drink modestly -- say, a glass of wine with dinner once in a while -- and they have generally healthy pregnancies. Obviously, continued binge drinking is out, but I wouldn't worry about a small amount you've already consumed.
    The mummy blogs are filled with anxious women worried because they accidentally ate sushi or took a cold medication in early pregnancy -- but it's not worth worrying about.
    Maternity vitamins with folic acid can be found in almost all chemists / pharmacies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast