Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Who is the best doctor for IVF? I only want to do this once!

Grace78 is offline Registered User

Hi Lotus,
    I am in a quite similar situation. After 4 failed AI we are attempting an IVF with Dr. Clement chan. He is always busy and make you wait for an hour each time I ago, however he is very sincere, open to speak and to answer all your queries and very cautious. I am feeling very comfortable with him and will have an IVF this month.
    Grace

Gracey is offline Registered User

Hi Grace,
    What a coincidence we have the same name!
    I also used Clement Chan. In retrospect, I realized I had some issues with him. When we disagreed or questioned him, he began acting in a way we felt was bully-ing -- telling us that our problem was the woman's fault (too fat, too old, etc) that turned out not to be true. At one point he even told me I was "stupid" for tracking ovulation at home. He was not like this at the beginning of treatment, but later on.

Also I realized, after the fact, that he prescribed far more expensive drugs than I needed. He made me take painful injectables every day in early pregnancy because I was "high risk." This came along with suspicious behavior -- like not letting me or even his nurses do the jabs, and then charging me extra doctor's fees when he did them himself. When I sought a second opinion, it turns out I was not high risk and had no need for these drugs at all.

He also tried to convince me that I was "high risk" at 6 weeks to push me into scheduling a C-section with him right then and there. He told me that there was "no way" I'd get a bed space otherwise. Both statements ended up to be untrue. I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy, natural birth, and had no problem booking a bed with another doctor.

On the other hand, I did get pregnant from my IVF cycle with him -- whether this was because of his skill, or because of luck, I don't know. And I also understand how you might be loathe to switch doctors mid-treatment, since IVF is hard enough anyway. But I just wanted to wave that warning flag in case you wanted to change doctors later.

Good luck!

Grace78 likes this.

tibbar2011 is offline Registered User

Hi wilkette46
    would you mind me asking what was the "less invasive" approach you referred to? Was it acupuncture or did you go for some other treatment?
    it's such a wonderful story!
    tibbar

wilkette46 is offline Registered User

Hi Tibbar2011, yes my post wasn't clear - acupuncture was the less invasive approach I was referring to. It really helped us relax. My husbAnd was beyond skeptical but tried it to humour me- after ivf he was desperate for a change of scene!

tibbar2011 is offline Registered User

wilkette46, I see. That's truly amazing. Happy for you :)

lotusflower is offline Registered User

I just wanted to share with everyone that I'M PREGNANT! And we did it naturally the very same month that I started this thread and ask you all for your advice.

The only thing we did differently was NOT try. And we focused on our marriage instead of making a baby. I can honestly say it was the most stress-free I had been in the 2 years since we started trying. Stress is powerful and it matters.

So please be encouraged by my story. Miracles DO happen!

karhu is offline Registered User

Congrats on getting pregnant! What a happy story!!

lotusflower likes this.

Loveisgood is offline Registered User

Congratulations!!!

lotusflower likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast