Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brown discharge - is it normal?

gielian is offline Registered User

Brown discharge - is it normal?

Hello!

I have been having brown discharge oct 11, 14 & 15 - not when I wipe but in my undies (Sorry TMI!!! :o ). I have been reading and some say it is normal and some lead to miscarriage. It is not a lot and doesn't continue the entire day, I usually just notice it 1x a day. Am supposedly 7w3d today but HK Dr. says I might be a week late (smaller sac).

Have you experienced this? My doctor's appointment is on Oct 22 and I don't think it is a practice in HK to call your OB to ask these questions. I have called my aunt who is an OB in a different country and she says it's a sign of threatened abortion but we could not do anything right now but rest and continue my intake of progesterone.

Waaah pregnancy is definitely the start of worrying days. This is my first pregnancy and I don't know what's normal or not.

Looking forward to knowing your experiences. Thank you!

Aquarian is offline Registered User

Brown is better than bright red- but honestly either it's something or it's nothing and you have no way of knowing until something happens or it doesn't.

Sorry- pregnancy is not easy!

rani is offline Administrator

You can call your Dr. It may be nothing, but it's best to let your Dr know.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

tura is offline Registered User

Hi gielian ,
    It is completely normal, as I too had some brown discharge during my 6th week (I'm 10 weeks now). Most important thing is that it should be brown n not bright red color, that's what the doctor told me.
    Also its always good to call up your doctor/clinic and tell them about this, there is nothing like "not a practice in HK" as I often call up my doctors clinic and the nurse's help me out with my questions.
    Also, remember to take rest and not do any heavy lifting or strenuous exercise as that too leads to brown discharge sometimes. I too was scared when I had brown discharge,but then after 2-3 days it went away,also the doctor gave me progesterone pills to take when in 6th week after knowing about my brown discharge.
    Don't worry..

Hope this helps... be positive and everything will be fine.

Thank you Aquarian, rani and tura for your responses. They keep me sane! :D Pregnancy has made me a worrywart!

I have called the doctor's office and the nurse said she'd talk to dr wong and get back to me (still waiting). Nurse said I might need more progesterone as I am only having 200mg a day but she will ask the dr.

Thank you tura, I have also talked to an officemate who is currently pregnant (22wks) and she also said that it's quite normal (her dr said so as well) she too had experienced that but she did go on a 3day sick leave to rest. Best of luck to our pregnancies :-)

Joey_bear is offline Registered User

Gielian,

I think it's good for you to have a check even there maybe nothing serious. I had stomach hurts few days ago and I went to the doctors to check the baby's heart beat. Even nothing's wrong at the end, but the doctor still suggested to go to hospital right away if you find anything abnormal, for the baby's sake.

But dont be worried! Best of luck!

Loveisgood is offline Registered User

I would always check with my doctor, good luck!

Hi all, thank you for your responses. Although I have heard from an officemate who is currently pregnant that brown discharge was normal and read it from your responses and books as well...my pregnancy didn't go so well. Dr said the baby didn't form..now supposedly at 8w2d baby was only 2.23cm and saw some bleeding (via transvaginal u/s) but I only had brown discharge last week mon-wed and it stopped -- no fresh blood ever. I was surprised to have a miscarriage. Please check with your doctor ASAP when you have brown discharge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast