Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Due June 2014

realj0y is offline Registered User

Hello Ladies. What a blessing to have found this group. We should definitely set up a meetup!! ;)
    My name is Joy, and I just went in for my first scan which they told me I am about 9 weeks. All this is super new and exciting and Im so glad to have other mommies to be around and looking forward to getting to know you all better.

sarah? did I miss the meeting? was it last week or coming up tommorow? thanks

Paw14 is offline Registered User

Hello ladies - hope you don't mind me joining, I'm actually due first week of July, but just so pleased to find a forum with so much advice. We're keeping it all a secret for now, but we're very new to Hong Kong and it's my first pregnancy so feeling very confused right now! I've got my first appointment at Tsan Yuk at almost 12 weeks - it seems ages to wait, is it worth getting a one off private appointment in the next few weeks just to check that things are OK?
    Thanks so much for any advice.

Dbkiwi is offline Registered User

Hi Paw14! Congrats on your pregnancy first of all :) isn't is exciting! And yes, confusing too. When I first found out, my GP said we needed to register at Tsan yuk but like you, they didn't give me an appointment until 12 weeks! Which seemed an age away. So I did a bit of research, and found you can register at any MCHC near you that is connected to the hospital you want to give birth at (I just found this info online). So, I rang my closest MCHC (in Tung Chung) and they fit me in 3 weeks earlier - I went in on Thursday! So that might be an option for you. I will still have to go to Tsan Yuk for scans, but for regular checkups I can go somewhere much closer to my home which is great.

The wait for that first appointment is really tough, though. We considered getting a private appointment before the first public one too, but decided against it in the end. Because they can't see the baby or hear its heartbeat in the first few weeks, any early check up is just going to involve blood pressure/weight/some questions - and then some blood tests. We rang a couple of obsts. who were going to charge us $2000 just to do that! So, we got our GP to check that stuff for us and then just 'held fire' until our registration appointment (which, by the way, took 3 hours and was quite impersonal but super efficient and thorough).

Hope that all makes sense & that some of it is helpful! X

Paw14 is offline Registered User

Hi Dbkiwi
    Thanks and congratulations to you too! Thanks so much for the reply. I think I will just have to be patient! I think I rang our local MHCH (Sai Ying Pun) first when I was trying to work out what to do, the lady there told me I had to ring Tsan Yuk. I then asked the GP, hoping she would clarify, but she told me the MCHC and Tsan Yuk were the same thing. Bewildering! I probably just didn't understand her properly. GP didn't do any checks just confirmed result and sent me on my way but that's probably normal.
    Thanks so much, am feeling very clueless right now :-)
    Hope all is going well with you and all the other ladies on here.

pembo is offline Registered User

Hi!
    Very happy to have found this group! I'm a new mommie to be and my due date is June 2014!! Congrats to all the other mommies to be out there too!! :)

annieclau is offline Registered User

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well! I am now at 15 weeks and doing well, despite frequent headaches.

At the 12-week ultrasound, we saw a very active fetus. He or she was moving constantly! It was a bit surreal. I am already so in love with this baby. I am sure you all feel the same.

I am really looking forward to meeting other mothers-to-be. We should plan a meeting in early January. I'm in Central but don't mind traveling.

Oh, and tomorrow is my second appointment at Tsan Yuk. Do you know if I need to bring my urine in a cup? I remember vaguely they told me so, but can't find the information in the brochure.

Thank you!

Annie-Claude x

Yes let's set a meet up!! Excited to meet everyone

annieclau and lotusflower like this.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast