Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Public System - very confused!

cherrypie is offline Registered User

Are you taking prenatal vitamins? I have taken materna everyday since finding out i was pregnant which I just got from mannings. I didn't go to the doctors until I was 9 weeks pregnant - quite late i know! So have no idea accurately how my hgc levels were doing in the early stages - however I did do weekly home pregnancy tests in which the lines increased in strength as the weeks went on which guess would have suggested a rise in hgc levels I know that's not as accurate as a blood test - perhaps you could go to your local doctor and say what the private OB said and ask for a blood test? I paid for a dating scan at 10 weeks with a private OB but that is it - everything else has been public.

Pregnancy is a very scary and exciting time, and I have just taken it week by week as last year had a m/c but am now 21 weeks.

Only you will know what will reassure you :)

Ps- the very first preg test I did the lines were extremely faint and by about week 7 lines were very strong.

Dbkiwi is offline Registered User

Thanks again cherrypie! Yeah I had the blood test done on the first day we found out I was pregnant, so super early! will have a think but you're right, I just have to do what feels right. Yup, am taking vitamins plus folic acid every day and my iron levels are good, think ill get some specific pregnancy ones too though just to be on the safe side!

Dbkiwi is offline Registered User

ps: So glad your pregnancy is going well - 21 weeks, so exciting!

Hope things are going well with your levels and things progressing well :)

jowee is offline Registered User

I am in a very similar situation to you Dbkiwi - live in DB and planning to give birth at QMH.

I went to Tsan Yuk for my first 2 or 3 appointments then they sent me to MCHC for the rest of the check ups. when I was 20 weeks, I went back to Tsan Yuk for an ultrasound scan to see if baby's organs are developing nicely. Then at 35 weeks (which I am now), have to go back to Tsan Yuk for some more tests and QMH next week to meet the doctor as I am getting close to my delivery time..

I personally think Tsan Yuk is better than MCHC in Tung Chung. As I remember, I only get to meet the doctor once in MCHC, Tung Chung.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12