Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Which Kowloon hospital for maternity care?

lrpolo is offline Registered User

Which Kowloon hospital for maternity care?

Hi

I live in Tai kok tsui in Kowloon, so would like to go somewhere local. I don't know much about the local hospitals, Kwong wah, Q Elizabeth, and S Theresa's, can anyone give any recommendations?

Thank you

Sharon

charade is offline Registered User

Kwong wahm Q Elizabeth are public hospitals, while St Theresa's is private. So you need to decide whether you want to go private or public.

Another private hospital in Kowloon is Baptist. I saw a doctor there called Dr Jimmy Mak who was very nice but I didn't deliver with him as I ended up having an emergency c-section in the public system. I did think the maternity ward at Baptist was crowded though when I saw it, but if you can afford private or semi-private it should be fine.

I've also heard good things about Union Hospital in Sha Tin.

lrpolo likes this.

Dear Charade,

Yes St Theresa's is private, but I went there one time for something else and it actually seems more kind of half private and half government feel, maybe a bit like what you're saying for Baptist. (I'd not heard of Baptist before so thanks for that.) Plus the price ST charged for the consultation was really low. So basically in terms of cost I wouldn't mind going to st Theresa's, but if I hear people say KW or QE are just as good if not better then I will go to them instead...
    Which hospital did you have your C section in?

Editor is offline Administrator

Another Mum delivered at Baptist recently. Will see if she can give you some more info.

lrpolo likes this.

jollygood is offline Registered User

I'm at QEH currently. All has been good except for one early am-I-crazy-for-going-public appointment.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

lrpolo likes this.

hodu is offline Registered User

Hi not sure if you are still checking this web site but wondering where you live and how you registered. I also live in TKT but was told I will be assigned to Kwong Wah in Mong Kok if living in TKT. Have heard some negative feedbacks about that place so wondering.. how much did you end up paying? It would be greatly appreciated if you can share some of your experiences!

Dasani is offline Registered User

My wife gave birth 6 weeks ago at QE abd everything was smooth. We liked how our baby stayed with my wife during nights and they really encourage breast feeding. We were satisfied and the total bill was $250 for my wife and $200 for baby due to fact our baby had jaundice and had to stay 3 extra days.

My friend just gave birth at st Theresa and had to do a c section. I still think the doctor pressured her into doing it to earn more. Anyways, they paid $51,000 total.

We also live in tai kok tsui at metro harbour view. Both st Theresa and qeh are easy to get too.

Hi Hodu,
    You just go to the hospital and register at their cashier window, if you want to go to QE just go to the ambulatory care building which is on queen Elizabeth hospital path and their clinic is on the 4th floor. The want to your ID card, and your partner's ID card, and proof of address. Your partner doesn't have to be there. They don't do telephone bookings for the first appointment. I don't think I had to pay that time, I think I only ever paid when I was having a procedure done, like a scan or something, and then it would be a small amount, like $150 each time.
    Kwong Wah is actually really close to QE, so I would guess they can't be that different from each other, but QE is bigger and I heard more feedback about it. I don't seem to have come across anyone who has given birth in KW for some reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast