Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Katiebrady
  • 1 Post By Loveisgood
  • 1 Post By Goldmark

Newly Preggo - Looking for OB in Tung Chung/DB

karima is offline Registered User

Newly Preggo - Looking for OB in Tung Chung/DB

Hello all,

I just this week found out I am pregnant, quite a shock as far from ttc, we were trying to avoid! Lots of emotions. I am relatively new to HK and have been on an online crash course to try to figure out the maternity system. The GP I saw for my blood test was not very helpful. I live in Tung Chung and have gathered that I can go to the maternal child and health care centre here to get things rolling, but would also like to see a private ob/gyn soon. Does anyone have any recommendations for one who is an excellent communicator? I don't mind going into Central or elsewhere if need be, but Tung Chung or discovery bay would be great.

Thanks a bunch.

Katiebrady is offline Registered User

I am 10 weeks and I see Dr. Grace at central health in Central. Most of my other mommy friends go there and see either Dr.Grace or Dr. Lucy. They are excellent! Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

karima likes this.

Loveisgood is offline Registered User

Hello Karima
    Am in Tung Chung as well, there really isn't an OB in the area as far as I know. You would need to travel out of the area for a private OB. Good luck and congratulations!

karima likes this.

Goldmark is offline Registered User

Hi Karima,

We are new to HK and moved here when I was only 5 weeks pregnant so had no clue how anything worked. We went for a crash course with Annerley midwife clinic in Central and they have been an amazing help and support guiding us through being pregnant in HK and how the different systems work. We have signed up with them for their best of both package. I would definitely recommend them for FTM's new to HK.

karima likes this.

karima is offline Registered User

Ladies, thanks a lot for your info. Unfortunately, I have lost my little bean :-( , so I won't be joining you on the motherhood journey just yet. But I know my time will come :-). Best of luck to you all.