Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Diapers: disposable or cloth?

MertonMummy is offline Registered User

Diapers: disposable or cloth?

Experienced moms, anyone have thoughts on using disposable vs cloth diapers?

I understand disposable are convenient, but costs add up and then they all go to a landfill. Cloth ones are cheaper in the long run, more environmentally friendly. But how feasible is this with the constraints of living in HK apartments?

rani is offline Administrator

Know a lot of mums who manage well with cloth. I would recommend waiting a month or so to start.

This way you've already bonded with baby and established a little routine.

Have a read through this thread

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/thread148185.html

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

lululuk87 is offline Registered User

Hi,
    I used pocket cloth nappies and they're fab, very easy and you save a bunch. Also there are soooo many cute little patterns nd colours to choose from, they almost become like an extra fashion accessory lol.
    I'm a week off having my second and have already bought cloth nappies again, however I use disposable for the first month or at least until your baby fills out a bit as even on the smallest poppers they didn't fit quite properly at the begininng. You can buy them very cheaply on alibaba.com, the ones we got were from shenzen, so arrived the very next day. ALso long as you're organised with them they're very managable. As you can tell I'm a big fan! :) If you would like the e-mail address of the woman I dealt with I'd be hppy to pass it along.

Thanks - so much research on cloth diapers. I'm sold on them - now I'm trying to figure out which shops sell which kind!

Thanks!

Could you let me know whom you ordered your diapers from? Thanks!

rani is offline Administrator

Have just checked Aliexpress and there are some reasonable sellers

3 pcs TPU waterproof reusable baby cloth diapers/nappies One Size fits All +6 pcs inserts wholesale BC 04-in Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com

lululuk87 is this where you got yours from?

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Just wanted to add to this thread that I ordered about a dozen pocket diapers from Aliexpress, some came with 2x Cotton inserts (which seemed really thin) and another order came with 1x micro fibre layered inserts which were longer and thicker.

Total cost so far to me: HKD$674.26 (but paid in USD).

Given that I don't know anyone who has used any of these pocket diapers from SZ, I'm deliberating putting down another HKD$7-800 for a proper box of Charlie Banana's which come with 2x micro-fibre insert so that I get a good comparison of the real thing.

Supposing I do, my outlay will be a little less than HKD$1500. When I went to buy disposable diapers (intended when we are out and about on weekends) they were $1.50-$2 apiece. Supposing a conservative average of 6-8 changes a day, I think I should break even in 23 weeks/4 months, or 10-11 weeks if we changed up to 10-12 times a day.

ADK
    ADK is offline Registered User

Hello all. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and trying to figure out what kind of diapers to use when the baby comes. Does anyone know if there is a cloth diaper delivery service in HK? Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast