Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mthfr

A-M
    A-M is offline Registered User

Mthfr

Anyone had experience of an OB/GYN / nutritionist / any healthcare professional in HK with good knowledge of how to treat people with a MTHFR gene mutation?

I have C677T homozygous mutated and also Prothrombin Factor II hetrozygous mutated.

I was prescribed a high dosage of folic acid (5mg) which I have been taking for over a year and have now found through my own research that this is not only ineffective for people with MTHFR mutations as we are unable to convert it, but that it actually causes a harmful buildup in your body with many potentially dangerous implications. I have since switched to methyl folate which is not available in HK but I ordered online but I don't think there is anything I can do about the folic acid I have already taken..

I would like to find someone locally who can give me accurate information and advice on how best to manage a MTHFR defect. I am also taking aspirin and heperin injections (Clexane) to thin my blood as I am currently 10 weeks pregnant. I have a history of early miscarriage so keeping my fingers crossed for this pregnancy and trying to find out the best way to proceed.

Any experience / advice welcomed!!

Looloo is offline Registered User

Hello I was wondering if you ever found a doctor to treat MTHFR in HK as I have the same issue. Thanks

Scroll to top