Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Non Invasive Prenatal Testing

illumination is offline Registered User

Wow this is good beauty sasa, it seems more tests are available in Hong Kong now. Even panorama is now available. Wish I had more options back in June 2014. I even wrote to some of the companies to check their availability, but they said no. It will be good if you can share the name of your doctor who offers verifi, for the benefit of other new moms.

elisakathy is offline Registered User

Thanks Beautysasa
    It's very helpful. Could you please let me know who is your doctor and how much the test costs?
    Thanks !!

beautysasa is offline Registered User

Sure! My doctor was Dr. Charas Ong from the Women's Clinic in Central, would highly recommend her as always found her very patient and helpful with my many questions. Would say she's definitely fit for an expat and local as well.

As for the tests, they offer all the different non-invasive prenatal one's including V test (verifi), Nifty, Panorama, Safet21. The price for all of them believe was $7,500. Each of the tests had an advanced testing plan for a few thousand more but it seems those are very very rare, like 1 out of 30,000. After discussing the options with Dr. Ong, we ended up choosing the V test. I was told that was the preferred test and certainly the negative result have made me sleep much better knowing my baby is healthy!!!

illumination likes this.

joeybb is offline Registered User

Do u receive a mail for a free seminar about Non Invasive Prenatal Testing on 3/2 ?? I will go this. Any one interest??

elisakathy is offline Registered User

Hi there, done my test and got the result, thank God all is well. I am sure the seminar will be informative.
    Good luck on your test and I am sure all will be fine.
    Cheers

BebeG922 is offline Registered User

MaterniT21, offered by Sequenom Labs, is only available in the US (where I got it done) at my OB's office in NYC. The next best option and closest to MaterniT21 is SafeT21. SafeT21 is actually not sent to the U.S. but to Chinese University of Hong Kong here. They also do not reveal the gender (as the Chinese population seems to have a preference for boys is what one of my friends, who did SafeT21 told me).

pickmeup7 is offline Registered User

I did the T21 at Baptist Hospital and they told me that their T21 cases were sent to local labs (which is authorized by Chinese University of Hong Kong), therefore I got the result 3 days later and the gender is written on the report.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12