Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Maternity Benefits at Major Banks

AMD1847 is offline Registered User

Maternity Benefits at Major Banks

Hi! We just moved to HK from New York City for my husbands job. I worked for UK bank in New York, and resigned for the move. I've been interviewing at other banks here in HK and am close to getting offers from a few. I am not pregnant, but we had planned to start trying in the very near future. We were really disappointed to learn that his company health insurance does not cover maternity benefits. I was also disappointed to learn that maternity time off here is only 10 weeks. At my firm in NYC I had 16 weeks at full pay and most firms offered 12. We should have done more research before deciding to move!

My question is if anyone knows if any of the major banks here have better maternity benefits than others, more time off and possibly offering maternity health care as part of their packages. Most of the offers I'm getting are similar, but if one firm offered more maternity time off or covered maternity medical benefits, that would definitely sway my choice. I've tried to ask my headhunters and indirectly ask HR during the interviews, but no one has brought this up and of course I do not want to bring it up.

Thank you!!

rani is offline Administrator

I've asked a few members if they can help and here are their replies. However, am not sure if this applies to local hires and you need to be employed for an x amount of time before these benefits kick in.

Barclays - 4 months full pay maternity leave
    Deutsche Bank – 5 months maternity leave. Insurance with BUPA with an option for an employee to purchase top cover for a little extra.
    Macquarie - 6 months

HTH

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

rani is offline Administrator

Here's one more

Goldman Sachs 4 months paid leave with an option to take 3 additional unpaid months (subject to approval). They have 3 levels of insurance, 1 is full cover and the other 2 the employee has to contribute.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002