Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

The DB question

Knight family is offline Registered User

The DB question

My husband (pilot) and I live on HK island and absolutely love it here but we recognize that it's not ideal for a new family. Can anyone who lives in DB recommend to me some reasons why u were happy with the move? I'm just not loving the concept. Need some first hand accounts of why its so good. Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

AprilBuddy2014 is offline Registered User

Hi, I lived in DB with my boyfriend back then when I first moved to Hong Kong. Stayed there for a year and moved to Hong Kong Island. It wasn't for us as singles as we didn't feel like we fit in without a dog nor a baby. And my boyfriend worked very long hours back then. If he missed the 10:30pm ferry by 5 mins, he wouldn't be back home till 11:30. An extra 1 hr of sleep was a great help!

We recently moved back to DB as husband and wife given I am expecting! DB is perfect for families! We love it there, so quiet and ppl are very friendly. The ferry is very comfortable and you always get a seat as compared to MTR. I feel that you need to be ready for DB in order to enjoy it!

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Dbkiwi is offline Registered User

I live in DB and am expecting my first baby. I love living here - we've got a bigger apartment & a gorgeous sea view for a start. It's quiet, clean and peaceful. You can walk everywhere (safely) and the buses and ferries are regular enough that I never feel isolated from wider HK...25m from central is nothing, and we go over a least once a week. The community is the biggest thing though. There are sooo many young families here, like ready-made support networks, which I really appreciate now we are about to start our own family! It's definitely not for everyone, and I didn't love it here when I was single/not thinking about kids, but it's perfect for us now. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks