Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rani

Cantonese language baby sitter or playdates in Sai Kung?

kitty_london is offline Registered User

Question Cantonese language baby sitter or playdates in Sai Kung?

Hi, we are English native working parents, but would like to arrange for Cantonese language playdates for our 8 month old daughter. Ideally we would like to find a Cantonese language baby sitter to come to our house nr Sai Kung for a couple of hours play/care whilst my helper is in the home. We are looking at Cantonese language kindergartens to enroll her in, but that's a little later. We'd like to start with casual playdates at home first to give her exposure to the Cantonese language. Does anyone know of any Cantonese playdates around Sai Kung? OR can anyone recommend a Cantonese baby sitter or part-time school assistants who would be available to come look after our daughter for a couple of hours a day?

rani is offline Administrator

Hi

Here are a few placement services for local helpers.

GovHK: Hiring Local Domestic Helpers

ERB - Smart Living

methodist-centre.com

???????? Bamboos Professional Nursing Services ???? Private Nurse ???? Medical Job????Home Nursing

Perhaps find a teenager who can sing a few nursery rhymes and play with her. You can place an ad on TutorGroup | ???? - ????????????????????Tutor Agent

kitty_london likes this.

Kathy Liu is offline Registered User

Hi Kitty,

I read with interested in your playdate. I am a local Hongkonger, speak fluent Cantonese. I was educated in Hong Kong with a master degree.

I am a working mother with a toddler at two. If you are ok, I would love my girl to have a playdate with your kid. We can sing some Cantonese songs, have some sensory play or anything else. The medium will be Cantonese. I hope it allows both of them learn the language naturally. So that they can have language exchange through playing.

Appreciate for your thought.

Thanks,
    Kathy