Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pooping after starting solids

Mingaling is offline Registered User

Pooping after starting solids

My baby is almost 7 months old and has been eating solids for the past few weeks. Her poops are daily and HUGE. Is that normal?

I was told to feed them until they show signs of being full but my baby is like a goldfish - as long as I put a spoon near her mouth, she opens up for more. When do I stop? I am afraid I am over feeding her. She currently gets two servings of solids a day (1/4 cup of veggie and 1/4 cup of fruit). Taking a break from rice cereal because now that she's eating real food, rice cereal doesn't interest her anymore.

jollygood is offline Registered User

I'd say it's just healthy eating. I get massive poos from my 7mth old but she doesn't even eat much. I have had mine on three solid meals a day for a few weeks. Maybe you can try that. You can also start on meat to get some iron seeing as you've given up the rice cereal.

Milk is still her main nutrition and solids on the side.

Mingaling is offline Registered User

Thanks! My husband doesn't like the idea of meats so young so we are giving her fruits and veggies high in iron until month 8.

Did you give them the solids and then milk to supplement? Right now my baby gets a meal of solids and next meal, I breastfeed.

jollygood is offline Registered User

I do solids about 8am, 1pm and 5/6pm. Milk any other time (on demand BF), inc lots of feeding in the evening.