Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

The Women's Clinic

LazyG is offline Registered User

The Women's Clinic

Has anyone been to the women's clinic? I'm on my first (5wks) I wanted to book Dr Leung or Dr Doo but they are both full or on leave. The niece recommended to try Dr Alice Wong or Dr Charas Ong...

Has anyone seen these two doctors before? Pls advise thanks?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

wilkette46 is offline Registered User

Hi lazyg - congratulations ! I am with dr doo but dr charas ong did my 20 week structural scan. V nice lady, thought she explained things well but that s my limited experience . Good luck ! Best , w

Thanks W! So how many weeks are you now? How did u find Dr. Doo? I'm planning to have C section and my fd recommend me Dr Leung or Dr Doo.

Hi LazyG - Dr Doo delivered our first baby last year (natural) - we really liked him, he was great on D day especially. Waiting times for check-ups can be a bit frustrating but I don't think that's specific to him. He and my husband got along well which was nice. I really wanted to deliver naturally and I liked the fact that he was gently walking me through "other options" when it looked like the baby wouldn't come out but at the same time still trying to get baby out naturally. I never worried and I felt that I was in good hands and would have been fine with a C Section if that's what he recommended as the only course of action. So he'll deliver our 2nd in Jan, i'm 29 weeks now.
    You should try to meet him and see if you like him - I've met people who really don't! (Can't remember why, baby brain). How about you, when are you due?

hazel128 is offline Registered User

Sorry this may be out of topic.
    May I know how much they charge for structural scan? Thanks!

I'm just on my 6th weeks now, just had my first check up ytd with Dr Alice Wong, I found her very patient and quite helpful both me and husband was happy with her. I wanted to book Dr Doo or Dr Leung in the beginning but they both busy out of town. I'm thinking to have C section but I guess I'm still too early to make a decision yet :p

Quote Originally Posted by hazel128 View Post
    Sorry this may be out of topic.
    May I know how much they charge for structural scan? Thanks!
    Hi! Just checked in files dr charas ong charged me a total 2800 hkd- 1000 for consultation and rest for ultrasound . Quite pricey....
    hazel128 likes this.

honeytea is offline Registered User

I saw Dr. Mok at the Women's Clinic for both of my pregnancies. She's very nice and the average wait time is like 20 - 30 minutes. Think Dr. Wong and Dr. Ong are both new to the clinic, joined after their expansion earlier this year. If you have a low risk pregnancy, probably OK to go with one of them, because Dr. Leung and Dr. Doo are both super busy (mostly with infertility cases, I think) and the wait time for an appointment with them are really really long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast