Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Infertility support

isahk01 is offline Registered User

Does stress level, ie. work and/or desperate to get pregnant contribute the infertility?

MiniB is offline Registered User

Hi @isahk01

I personally think that stress really does impact the IVF process. Not sure about infertility in general. When we did our first IVF cycle I was very stressed and busy with work - results were 5 embies, 2 we transferred and 3 were too poor quality to keep.

We did our second cycle after a 2 week holiday and I was super relaxed and work was quiet so less stressful and got much better results. However, I was also take more supplements - DHEA, CoQ10, DHA, Materna, Royal Jelly. I had been taking the supplements for approx 3 months before the hormone injections as I'd read somewhere that egg production cycle takes about 3 months.

I think I only took materna during the first cycle.

I'm not sure if that helps you at all but being less stressed can't hurt your chances! Massages, facials, holidays...all worth trying IMO

LaurainHK is offline Registered User

Congratulations too!

I am currently looking into getting fertility treatment but wanted to know whether anyone knew anything in regards to getting your health insurance to cover it?

It's such an expensive treatment. I've received some really good advice from Pacific Prime Insurance brokers but not sure whether to go ahead with it. I wanted to see whether anyone else has had experience here?

Hi @LaurainHK

I looked into the insurance thing and remember that there was a substantial waiting period before it would 'kick in'....in the end, we just thought it was too long a wait - especially as there was no guarantee that the IVF process would be quick either and we'd already been trying for a long time.

On the other hand, depending on your IVF doctor/clinic - you may need to wait 6 months or more for your first appointment.

There is also a government public infertility/IVF program and the costs are substantially cheaper - circa HK$15,000 for one cycle the last time I checked. The waiting time is circa 2 years (we were looking at an appointment in 2017 when I called last Sept!). It may be a good idea to register anyway and if the private option doesn't work out, you could always do the treatment at Queen Mary at the lower cost. QM also have a private route which has a shorter waiting time - circa 6 months.

Even if you don't do the insurance coverage for IVF, I would recommend getting maternity coverage now so that when the time comes, you are covered for some private check ups and they generally cover the newborn for a period of time. Also note, some health insurance do NOT cover IVF pregnancies...mine doesn't so we're not covered for anything.

taikoomum is offline Registered User

I had 2 failed IUIs and 3 IVFs and on my third cycle of IVF, I got pregnant with a baby boy.

My husband and I wanted to give up after the 2nd failed IVF, but decided to give it a try for the one last time so I wanted to tell people who are going through the same thing to keep trying and don't give up. Just wanted to share my exprience on the subject as it is very close to my heart...

Monste and Browngal like this.

LaurainHK is offline Registered User

Thanks @MiniB.

Yes, the people at Pacific Prime did mention that point as well that some insurers do and some don't cover IVF pregnancies.

You're right. The waiting period is so long. I am better off paying for it myself BUT making sure that my insurance covers my pregnancy by IVF when and if it works...

Thanks once again. By the way if you need an insurance that covers IVF, I recommend speaking to the people at Pacific Prime. I spoke to a lady named Aurora and she was really helpful although the conclusion is the same as yours. That it's just too long of a waiting period.

Hi @LaurainHK

I spoke to the people at Pacific Prime regarding newborn coverage...they were not as helpful! Despite their website stating that they do have newborn insurance, when I spoke to them, they told me they didn't have anything. I wasn't entirely convinced that the lady I spoke to knew what she was talking about. Guess it depends who you get on the other end of the line

aral is offline Registered User

Hello there,
    I am mother to a 4 year boy we were lucky enough to have after 8 stimulated cycles ( In Australia)= 13 embryo transfers. we have since further transferred 4 frozen and done another 2 stimulated unsuccessfully to give him a sibling.
    Its a hard slog , very emotionally and financially taxing however anyone who's done it and is lucky enough to have a child will tell you its sooo worth it. I was 36 when we started Ivf and 40 when I had my son.

I tried everything - acupuncture, herbs, natroupath, blessings, crystals, healers you name it I did it !! Doctors always say its a numbers game "probability" But at least you know you've done everything possible to give yourself the best chance.

Please I know how hard it is feel free to message me for support.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast