Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Anyone due in March?

Bristol is offline Registered User

Ahhhhhh nausea! So far I am tying to eat a lot of bananas, nibbling ginger biscuits and sipping ginger beer.... Sometimes it helps sometimes not :-(
    Currently having the debate with hubby about private v public I wanted to talk to some women who had been through each and then decide.... Do you guys know people who have given birth recently? X

Pineapples is offline Registered User

Hi Ladies,

I'm also due around March 16- it will be my second - I have a little boy who just turned 1. I went through Matilda and must say it was great. I compared prices with Adventist and it's only about $2000 more expensive for the same 4 night package. I know a few mums who went through public at Queen Mary and while the bedside manner is not great they are have a high quality standard and if there are any complications at the private hospitals you'd be sent there anyway.

Let me know if anyone is up for a meet up sometime! In away until Aug 16 but free after that

Bernadette

KateD is offline Registered User

Hi @Bristol
    I am also due 18th of March and its also my first. My husband and I have just moved over from New Zealand to teach in Schools in HK. Have you decided if your going private or public yet?

Hi Ladies,

Do any of you know anything about giving birth at North Lantau Island hospital?
    My husband and I have just moved to Discovery bay. I wanted to give birth at Queen Mary but I assume I can't because of zoning (I've chosen Public). If any one has any info, I'd love to hear from you!
    I'm almost 8 weeks, due March 18.

Teenytiny is offline Registered User

Hi Bernadette and KateD!

Bernadette - we are due date twins! I would like to have the baby at Matilda but our insurance covers $40k and from what I can tell even in a shared room we are looking at around $80-100k with obstetrician and anaesthetist fees on top - does that sound about right? Not sure we can justify the cost although from what I hear it's a better experience so is my preference!

KateD - Welcome! I'm also a kiwi! Hope your settling into HK life well! Sorry I'm not sure about North Lantau, I have friends that live in DB and they all mentioned you can't deliver there but then they have all traveled to HK Island for delivery. I can ask them about it when I see them to see what they have heard.

Yes please Teenytiny that would be great! I'm assuming they went private which enabled them to choose their hospital? Wish I could choose but not sure if you can with public hospitals. The pregnancy was a surprise so I don't have maternity insurance although I'm happy to go through the public system.
    Yes we are loving it here so far! Flat hunting was a bit of a nightmare at first but once we found discovery bay we were happy!

Nav
    Nav is offline Registered User

Hi Ladies,

Lovely to meet you all here. Me & my boyfriend are due on 12th March. This is our first & we are SO ecstatic about our pregnancy.

I'm new to HK, only arrived 2.5months ago. The move was so simple and I floated straight into my new job. But obviously some anxieties are starting the arise in regards to my up coming probation and the potential future costs. Eeek.

Our new baby is a complete surprise so we didn't have the chance to gain insurance. I've checked out the worst case scenario for private cover and we're looking around 150k all in. It's very expensive but how to judge the price on good health?

I certainly have more research to do, so I think this is a great forum to get some insights. A short cut as I usually pass out with tiredness by 7pm every evening haha

As per @Pineapples suggestion, I'd love to know if you girls are open to a meet up. We can eat toast (the only thing I can keep down at the moment) and sip mocktails whilst exchanging stories/advice xxx

rani is offline Administrator

@KateD Discovery Bay residents usually deliver at Queen Mary Hospital.
    @Nav congratulations on your bump. Have a read through this article. You'll see public care is fine or you can do half half as well

Pregnant in Hong Kong: Public vs. Private Hospitals - Hong Kong GeoBaby

A few mums are meeting this Sunday afternoon in Sai Ying Pun. Let me know if you're free and will forward you details.

Also, you can join the Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GeoBabyJanMarch16/

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast