Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

IUI, IVF, Fertility doctors in HK

Camellia is offline Registered User

IUI, IVF, Fertility doctors in HK

Hi,

I'm trying for baby for about two years now, with complete failure of 2 IUIs recently. I'm thinking about taking the next step to IVF treatments.
    My friends are either not trying for baby or had baby naturally without any issues so I'm seeking for advice from people who experienced fertility treatments in HK.

I'm currently with Dr.Grace Cheung (Central Health) and had 2 IUIs negative (had acupuncture and chinese herbs on the side).
    Her nurse told me to come in when my next cycle starts to see what Dr.Grace will recommend as next step.
    One problem I have with her is that every time I see her she asks me "so how can I help?" (kind of like why are you here today) and I need to explain to her what we talked about before…She found cysts several times in my ovary and asked me to come back to check the size of it again but when I turned up for next appointment she had no idea why I was there… In the end she told me it shouldn't interfere with fertility, but both times we did IUI she found another cysts in few places.
    I understand she means well and is a very busy doctor but I cannot help myself to wonder if I'm getting the best treatment I can.

I'm having dillenma now wether I should stay with Dr.Grace or change doctors to the ones in Sanatorium as I've read some good reputations in the threads here…also, it's closer to home as I live in Taikoo area.

So, I'd like to ask...

1. Is there anyone who has tried IVF with Dr. Grace? (I've only done IUI with her and was wondering if is well known for IVF treatments.)

2. I hear names like Dr.Lo and Dr.Loo, but is there any recommendations for female doctors who are well experienced with IVF? (If in Sanatorium, that would be great but others are welcome also…)

Thank you in advance!!

MiniB is offline Registered User

Hi @Camellia

Sorry to hear about your failed iui's. For myself, we went straight to ivf as both my tubes were blocked. My doc is Dr Tracy Yeung @ hong kong reproductive health. I highly recommend her and her clinic. Not only did Dr Yeung know all about my case, the nurses also knew who we were as they would get our file without even having to tell them who I was. (Of course we still had to show ID as per regulations. )

The clinic however is in Central - La Galleria. They also have a private lab in the building next door (No 9, queen's road) so they are not part of a hospital like Sanatorium but I thought this was a positive thing.

Dr Yeung used to be at Queen Mary's ivf department so I believe is fairly experienced.

I kept with her through my pregnancy (after 2 cycles of ivf) and we have some frozen embryos so will be going back once we decide to try for another.

Hi @MiniB

Thank you for your great input, much appreciated!

I'm quite new to the whole IVF process and I just started to read about them in detail so it's great to know options for doctors.
    I imagine the process could be physically and mentally challenging so it would be great to have a doctor and staff who knows your case well like you described about Dr Yeung's team.

May I ask if she does 5 days blastocyst transfer or 2-3days?
    From what I've read here so far, 5 days have better chance of getting pregnant, so I'm thinking I'd like to try that...

Just found your reply on another thread about 3 days transfer!
    http://www.geobaby.com/forum/thread172941-2.html

Jessy75000 is offline Registered User

Hi everyone, I would like to know if someone had an experience to share with doctor Louis Chan and Hannah medical Center as we are planning to do ivf with them, thank you very much!!

Good luck @Jessy75000 !

MiniB is offline Registered User

Hi @Camellia

Dr Yeung does both 3 day and 5 day transfers. For our first cycle, we didn't get many fertilised eggs as the quality was quite poor so she suggested we do 3 day transfer for the best two and then culture the remaining eggs another 2 days to 5 days to see if they were viable. I think if you have a strong preference, she will do 5 days for you.

We actually preferred 3 day as for both cycles as we didn't retrieve many eggs and there is supposed to be a 50% chance of getting to blastocyst although once it gets to that stage its more likely to be successful. We thought the embryos might survive better in the womb and didn't really have many we could afford to lose! ? It turned out to be the right choice for us as we got pregnant on the second cycle.

FYI, after the first cycle, Dr Yeung suggested taking DHEA supplements in increase our egg quantity and I also started taking royal jelly, q10, DHA, materna. It seemed to make a huge difference in quantity and quality so you might consider starting some supplements too. They take 3 months to "kick in"/impact your cycle...

Best of luck. Happy to answer any other questions on my experience.

Hi @MiniB

Thanks for your reply again. This is very helpful!
    I'm quite confused with which transfers actually suit myself but I assume doctor knows best in different circumstances with each patient…hence it's great to know she is a doctor doctor who is willing to do both.

Thanks for the input on supplements, I'm taking DHA, folic acid with vitamins but I had no idea about others you've mentioned. I'll definitely look into it!

Is it hard to get appointments with Dr Yeung?
    How is her clinic's wait time etc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast