Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for cheap shops for maternity and baby clothes

INSTYLE is offline Registered User

Looking for cheap shops for maternity and baby clothes

Hello geo Mums and Dads,

I´m new in Hong Kong and pretty shocked about the prizes for maternity clothes and baby clothes!

We don´t have the highest income and so luxury brands are no option for us. Of course there is the possibility like h&m, gap, Zara etc. or even second hand.

But I would like to buy SOME new maternity clothes and Baby clothes, toys etc. I really don´t need brands!

Does anyone knows where to go in Hong Kong? Are there any local shops you can recommend?

I search in the forum, but a lot of shops there where recommended are closed or moved. I would be so thankful for some really good advise besides the luxury brands or common shops. Like I said, maybe some people can recommend some local shops!

I´m even open to buy online!

So thankful for your help!

rani is offline Administrator
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Hello Rani,

thank you for your links. Still quite a bit pricey. Maybe I try mothers En Vouge!

Does anyone else knows some LOCAL stores? Especially for Baby-clothes!

Thanks to all!

Have a wander through the local Department stores like Wing On and Sogo you may find a few nice maternity things as well.

For Baby clothes, you'll find deals in the street markets. Stanley / Fa Yuen St/ Sham Shui Po, outlet stores.

Also like Tin Kwan textile on Facebook. - They have $10 deals on onesies
    https://www.facebook.com/TinKwanTextile/

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

charade is offline Registered User

For maternity jeans, I got mine at H&M...the most reasonably priced paid I found. Other maternity clothes, I just went to regular shops and bought A-line tops. The floaty look is generally in in Hong Kong, even among non-pregnant people. I still use these clothes a lot. The minute the maternity tag gets slapped on you pay a premium. Just go to your local stores and find the bigger sizes, tops cut on the bias, floaty options etc.

For baby clothes, I almost used all secondhand from my sister and sis-in-law. Proved to be a good choice because you never know what size your baby is going to be till it arrives. Also what your baby will like. Top for baby clothes, buy some tops that button in front and that don't have to put over the head...my baby and reflux and putting anything over the head was a nightmare. Then again, most onesies are the over-the-head kind.

Avoid the expat stores if you're looking for deals. Department stores that locals frequent are priced better. I live in Tseung Kwan O and in Po Lam there's a separtment store called Citicall or something that had more reasonably priced stuff. Bought maternity bras there. Also get yourself pajamas that open in the front if you're planning to breastfeed.

Stanley might be a good option and there's a children's store in one of the buildings in Li Yuen Stree (East) in Central. I think it's called Li Dong building.

Someone else has some ideas? Hope really someone knows some local shops for Babyclothes shopping

My favorite Hong Kong brands for special occasions are ChickeeDuck and Kingkow. They've got some lovely shirts and dresses for boys and girls. I would stock up during the sales.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Sarahg is offline Registered User

Check out www.retykle.com for high-end secondhand baby & kids clothing up to 90% off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast