Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jassna

Matilda and Adventist standard rooms - any experience?

Jassna is offline Registered User

Matilda and Adventist standard rooms - any experience?

Has anyone stayed in the standard rooms in Matilda or even Adventist? My insurance has a limit and once I add the doctors fee with epidural, it pretty much will hit our limit. So was wondering if anyone experienced it before? I am thinking twin rooms but would have to pay out of pocket. Any advice on the type of rooms?
    Thanks

Shavethewhales likes this.

Shavethewhales is offline Registered User

I'm also curious about the shared rooms (specifically, for me, Matilda!) - the experience, whether they let you breastfeed (the Annerley warned private shared rooms sometimes don't let you breastfeed because having the baby in the room is disruptive to the other sleeping/recovering new mommies), etc.

Mingaling is offline Registered User

I gave birth at the Adventist (per the advice of my doctor and also a recommendation from a friend that gave birth there). He told us that it's common practice for them to upgrade you to a private room if you book a semi private room if there's availablity and theres usually availability. And sure enough, we were upgraded to a private room upon checking in. I was one of 3 moms in the maternity ward during my stay. Nurses and midwives were so awesome there. My husband slept in our private room for the three days and since we weren't mentally ready to leave (we are expats and first time parents and have no idea what to do with a newborn baby), we actually stayed an extra night. Both my husband and I had a wonderful experience at the Adventist hk and would highly recommend that hospital.

FYI - Our insurance covers any semi private room with no cap so we had the option of Matilda or Adventist.

Shavethewhales is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingaling View Post
    He told us that it's common practice for them to upgrade you to a private room if you book a semi private room if there's availablity and theres usually availability.
    - is that pertaining to Adventist specifically? or private hospitals in general?
    Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear you had a positive experience. :) My husband and I are also expats and first time parents. And bewildered about all this.

Mingaling is offline Registered User

It was specific to Adventist.

I was a part of a mother's group here and there were quite a few moms in that group that had good things to say about the Adventist as well. Matilda is probably good too, but I don't have any first hand or second hand info regarding their maternity ward. My husband went to the Matilda for leg surgery though but I guess that's not the same thing :)