This is my 4 th pregnancy with twins. All earlier pregnacies i lost my baby at 26 W, 16W,8W. For this pregnancy i was very careful from begining and showing to high risk unit of Queen Mary hospital. The doctor told me that earlier loses were the possibility of infection which resulted in premature deliveries in first and second pregnancy. At 12 weeks the doctor checked and told all ok. But we were very scared and asked her to do cervical cerclage. But the doctor said as she canot see any abnormalities and no infection this time so no need to go for cerclage. But on repeated request she gave us two options - regular monitoring and do cerclage if required or do cerclage and then no monitoring. At my 14 week the doctor measured my cervix and found to be 2.8cm. She said this is normal for twin pregnancy and ruled out for cervical incompetence and requirements for any close follow up of cervix.
But my bad luck at 17W,3 days i felt some egg white like discharge from morning and in night while i wS doing toilet i felt that something coming out. We immediately called up ambulance and went to hospital. There they did scan and told me my cervix dilated by 5 cm and membrane bulge out from cervix. I thought tbis is my end. But the doctors say that good part is my aminiotic sac did not broke and put me under complete bed rest. I do not know what is going to happen next.. I am very scared.. Any suggestions or help you can tell will be of great help for me...