Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Exercising during pregnancy - not yoga or pilates

KLS
    KLS is offline Registered User

Exercising during pregnancy - not yoga or pilates

Hi, I am preggers with my first baby! I'm currently only 9.5 weeks. Before I got pregnant I exercised regularly (4 to 5 times a week) in the morning, doing a lot of weight lifting and high intensity training. Based on the advice of my doctor I've decided to stop all exercise during my first trimester - but I am dying to get back to exercising in my second trimester.

I really want to carry on weight training, etc, but understand that I would of course need to do it with some modifications - no more heavy weights, with the goal of simply trying to maintain my fitness rather than to push myself.

I've been doing a lot of research into prenatal fitness classes in Hong Kong, but all I can find are Yoga and Pilates prenatal classes. Many of them are in the middle of the day (like at 11:30 a.m.) - but I work full time so it's impossible for me to make those classes.

Does anyone have any prenatal exercise classes they can recommend, which are not Yoga or Pilates? Or is there any other pregnant mamas out there who have previously done weight and HIIT training, interested in forming a small private training session with me in the mornings?

rani is offline Administrator

@KLS congratulations on your pregnancy! Most Drs are nervous in the first trimester and tell mums to slow down. They always say you shouldn't start something new and shock your body. However, if you're used to doing HIIT and weights you should be able to continue with a bit of modifications.

Have seen many women in the gym modify the workouts at Pure and other gyms. Even saw a very fit pregnant mum last year running around Pok Fu Lam. She was way into her 2nd trimester.

Perhaps you can speak to the folks at Pherform https://www.facebook.com/Pherform

or even Dora https://www.facebook.com/Dora-H-Hard...2832051827482/

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

BritSarah is offline Registered User

Hi KLS I'm in a similar situation although I can't exercise in the morning due to early start at work. I want to keep up with exercise as much as possible, don't want to be limited to only yoga and pilates though either.