Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ideas for 15 month old activities / playgroups

Gunjan Kapur is offline Registered User

Any ideas

Hi ,
    What is the best option I have in Hong Kong if i want to send Malika (My 15 month old daughter) to a play group as she really enjoys being with other children. The maid can accompany her each morning for 2 hours or so.
    Thanks
    Gunjan

rani is offline Administrator

Gunjan,

There are a few courses at the YMCA in TST for toddlers:

http://www.ymcahk.org.hk/member/form/preschool.pdf

Also, there is GymbarEE and GymbarOO.

http://www.geobaby.com/resources/htm.../33/index.html

Lastly, if your complex has a bulletin board for residents, why not put up a notice and start your own play group in the building.

Gunjan Kapur is offline Registered User

Thanks Rani,
    Will look up the bulletin board in our complex.....should be a hit if arranged properly. Let me try.
    Gunjan

lenima is offline Registered User

starting a playgroup in HK

Dear Gunjan,

I would be interested to hear how your efforts to start/find a playgroup go! Even better if you live in or near Ma On Shan...That is where I am, and a while back, I wanted to start one up. In my building estate, you can only post in the shuttle bus waiting area (where of course not every one looks since many residents have cars, or don't go in there to wait). Anyhow I posted and got one inquiry. This other mother in the end started going to a commercial playgroup conducted in Chinese. I was a bit disappointed, I thought people would love a FREE was to stimulate and educate their babies, and meet other mothers! Well anyhow I hope to renew my efforts to start a playgroup, now armed with a "Playgroup Handbook". Also, now my child is 14 months and like yours, seeking to really play with others. Before (at about 10 months) she was not exactly interacting with other babies. I am thinking to work with the clubhouse here, which is the place where other residents' classes are held. that might be the only way. It seems people here (where I live) like "institutionalized" things more than ad hoc meeting through bulletin posting. Otherwise, see if I can "post" something in the children's playroom, though there is no board there. It seems very hard to spontaneously communicate with fellow residents! I don't know. just venting.

does anyone else know of "spontaneously" (i.e., not commercially) organized playgroups in HK being run successfully? if anyone lives in or near Ma On Shan and is reading this, please feel free to contact me...

doris

Hi Doris,

Our complex is very similar, and the notices on the board don't get a lot of exposure. I'm going to try putting a note in the lobbies of each tower next.

Have you heard about a plagroup in Jordan at the USRC? They meet every Friday morning.

R

Last edited by shri; 12-21-2002 at 09:50 AM.

ccrawley is offline Registered User

My wife will be here for a few weeks while I am working and may be interested in the playgroup at USRC or anything close to Shatin. Anyone have the address for USRC?

Chris

CC

USRC have a website http://www.usrc.org.hk/

I believe the playgroup meets on Tues and Fri mornings.

Rani

Last edited by shri; 07-13-2003 at 09:09 AM.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

HKMum is offline Registered User

Smile Playgroup

Hi All
    I do a playgroup usually at my flat in Shouson Hill for babies ranging in age from under a year to about 18months.
    My son is 17 months old)
    Quite a few of our usual attendees have relocated recently and i'm always happy to meet new Mums and my son new babies.
    If you'd like to come along please get in touch.
    You'd be more than welcome.
    We normally meet on Thurday afternoons every week from about 3pm onwards.
    you can contact me at:
    [email protected]
    (i just ask that we all watch the health of our little one's and if they have a fever or sniffle they miss out that week....especially with all that's been going on here in the last few months!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast