Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Maternity Charges at Queen Mary Hospital

carang is offline Registered User

$39,000-90,000 is QMHs charges for private ward, which puts it on par with other private hospitals.

the charges i quoted are from QMHs own circular about charges.... please see above.

charade is offline Registered User

If you are referring to this (http://www3.ha.org.hk/hkwc/ppi/downl...ep_obs_eng.pdf) it is for non-eligeable persons in a public ward. I suppose for eligible persons who wish to go private it is different? $90,000 refers to non-booked cases, I don't think putting 39,000-90,000 as the range is accurate.

carang is offline Registered User

no, there is no difference for "eligible" and "non-eligible" when it comes to the private care in a gov't hospital. hence, the $39000-90000. the $90,000 is the top end for non-booked people, at least that is my understanding. i provided the links in my posts.

a private delivery in QMH will not go below $39000 (you yourself said ~$40k) and will go up from there.

1) I'm not certain "there is no difference for "eligible" and "non-eligible" when it comes to the private care in a gov't hospital". The circular should have said so. Even in a private hospital, I am asked specifically to bring my ID which makes me think that there is a difference in rates for eligible HK residents and others. This may well be the case in public too.
    2) The range is crucial. 90,000$ is more than double 39,000 and I don't believe that would be the range for a vaginal delivery for an eligible person going private. For someone considering private, the difference between 40,000-60,000 (which I believe the range would be) and 60-000-80,000 which was the range quoted to me by Baptist is a fair bit.

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by charade View Post
    I was quoted $60-80,000 for a vaginal delivery in a WARD in Baptist Hospital, which is already cheaper than other private hospitals on Hong Kong Island. So one would be paying the same or less in QMH-private for a PRIVATE room. A PRIVATE room in Baptist could go up to 100,000 or more. I would definitely say private in QMH is substantially cheaper.
    We paid around $39,778 for a vaginal delivery in Sanatorium, 6 person ward. This included some fee's like the paediatrician not strictly related to the birth. This was a couple of years ago but I doubt prices have more than doubled since then.

EDIT: Fee split was $17,200 for the maternity package, $20,000 for the doctor and the rest to paediatrician and some medicine.
    Last edited by 2010-NewDad; 03-04-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010-NewDad View Post
    We paid around $39,778 for a vaginal delivery in Sanatorium, 6 person ward. This included some fee's like the paediatrician not strictly related to the birth. This was a couple of years ago but I doubt prices have more than doubled since then.

EDIT: Fee split was $17,200 for the maternity package, $20,000 for the doctor and the rest to paediatrician and some medicine.
    $60,000 is not a doubling of 40,000 but I'm still surprised. Does this mean Baptist is more expensive than Sanatorium? Who would've thunk? Or maybe coming into CNY 2012 made all the difference?

Minny is offline Registered User

Hi
    I went to the hospital they gave me an appointment for 26June..how can I continue my treatment from such a place.if I am pregnant..or is it that it's just for the first time that the appointment I'd after so many days..after the first appointment things will fall into place?
    Kindly help

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

How many weeks would you be then? They tend to schedule the first appointment between 12-14 weeks. I'm assuming you are in the public track. The appointments thereafter will be more regular but not as frequent as if you were going private, unless they feel you need more frequent monitoring. They also offer only one free scan during the whole process unless they feel you need more.
    Some women, particularly first-time mums, supplement the public antenatal appointments with private ones. I did, and spent about 12,000hkd on that. My policy was to use whatever free services I can (like whatever tests they provided free) and go in between to a private doc to get extra scans and have someone to call in case I needed advice in between.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast