Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Maternity Charges at Queen Mary Hospital

rani is offline Administrator

Maternity Charges at Queen Mary Hospital

Queen Mary Hospital

They offer two classes of service : General and Private

General Class
    For general class, it costs $68 per day and it includes all investigations and procedures for HK residents. General patients should register at Tsan Yuk Hospital (providing antenatal service for general patients) although delivery will take place at Queen Mary Hospital.

Private Class
    For private patients, the daily charge for a first class bed (single bed room) is $3,020 and for a second class bed (double bed room) is $2,010.

All investigation and procedures and doctor's consultation will be charged according to the itemized prices laid down in the Hong Kong Government Gazette. For example, the antenatal & postnatal care package which costs $4,880 will include all the doctor's consultation during the antenatal period, some routine blood tests and 1 postnatal visit.

For normal delivery, the charge is $4,880. However, if the delivery ends up with instrumental delivery, the charges range from $8,220 to $20,200. As for Caesarean Section, the charges range from $20,200 to $40,370. The anaesthesia charges for Caesarean Section range from $7,080 to $14,140.

Private patients are required to make an advance payment (deposit) of $45,000 (1st class) or $30,000 (2nd class) before being admitted to a private ward.

Private patients may contact the Private Obstetric Clinic (S Block, 5/F), at telephone no. 2855 4182 to book an appointment.

Tours are held every Saturday at 12 noon (except public holidays and typhoon no. 8 or above). The gathering place is at K Block 6/F, i.e. the lobby outside K6S ward of our Hospital.

For furthur information, the full list of hospital fees and charges can be obtained in the HK Government Gazette No. 44/1996.
    Last edited by rani; 11-12-2002 at 09:39 PM.
    evulen likes this.

9months is offline Registered User

Talking Procedure at public hospitals

Hi, I’d like to learn more about the procedure at public hospitals. Are charges and type-of-room availability the same at all public hospitals or is this info only for Queen Mary Hospital? (for example, I am interested in Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital).

I have a few other general questions:

Are the Private Class rooms available on a first-come first-serve basis or is there booking available?
    Does staying in a Private Class room mean that that the baby can room-in and breastfeed with the mother, or must it stay in the nursery?
    What is the policy on having spouses in the labour/operating room during the birth?
    How do I obtain a copy of the HK Government Gazette No. 44/1996

I’ve only got a few more weeks to go and I’d like to know the admission procedure, as I haven’t done any prenatal checkups at the public hospitals.
    Thanks a bunch!

9mths,

More info on Pamela Youde here:

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/showthr...threadid=89829

Queen Mary Update:

General class
    For general class, it costs $100 per day and it includes all investigations and procedures for Hong Kong residents. In addition, there is an admission charge of $50 for the patient only on the first day of admission. General patients should register at Tsan Yuk Hospital (providing antenatal service for general patients) although delivery will take place in Queen Mary Hospital subsequently. As a general patient, please book in our antenatal clinic in TYH (phone No. : 2589 2236).

Private Class
    For private patients, the daily charge for a first class bed (single bed room) is $3,900 and for a second class bed (double bed room) is $2,600.

All investigation and procedures and doctor's consultation will be charged according to the itemized revised fees and charges laid down in the Hong Kong Government Gazette on 28 March 2003. For your information:

First Antenatal consultation $1500
    Subsequent Antenatal consultation $1000
    Normal vaginal delivery $20,000
    Vacuum extraction: $20,000
    Breech extraction: $20,000
    Forceps delivery: $21,000
    Caesarean Section $31,800 - $34,100 (anaesthetic charges included)

Please note that the consultation fee does not include itemized charges, such as drug and investigation charges.

Private patients are required to make an advance payment (deposit) of $58,500 (1st class) or $39,000 (2nd class) before admission.

As a private patient, please contact Ms. Irene Lee, Department Operations Manager (Obstetrics & Gynaenology), Queen Mary Hospital/Tsan Yuk Hospital (Tel: 2855 5590) who will arrange for a Professor/Consultant to see the patient.

If you are interested to know more about us, you can come to our tour round which is held every Saturday at 12 noon (There will not be such tour on public holidays or when typhoon no. 8 or above is hoisted). The gathering place is at K Block 6/F, i.e. the lobby outside K6S ward of our Hospital. A staff will guide the visitors around. You are welcome to join the visit and learn more about the service.

With effect from 1 August 2003, the visiting hours for the obstetric & gynaecology wards will be limited to 3 hours per day and no more than 2 visitors per day. Visiting hours are from 12 noon to 1:00 p.m. and from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. However, husband accompanying wife in labour will be specially considered. Please contact the nursing officer in charge for necessary arrangement.

Children under 12 are generally not permitted in patient care area and pregnant women are strongly discouraged from visiting the wards.

In all circumstances, visitors' details would be recorded to facilitate contact tracing if required. A health declaration form is available at the Hospital Enquiry Counter, G/F, Main Block for completion and submission to the staff of the visiting ward. Health advice and information on proper infection control precautions is printed at the back of this form.

Pansy Lim
    Senior Hospital Manager
    Queen Mary Hospital

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Jenny is offline Registered User

I was a private patient at QMH for a few months and ended up switching back to a private OB and going to Adventist. I wouldn't recommend registering as a private patient at QMH for prenatal care bc you dont get the personal patient care as you would in a real private hospital (your OB doesn't even give you his mobile/pager number - for emergencies/questions, go to the ER).

As for the delivery, if you end up having a c section (like I did), the cost as a private patient at QMH is not substantially different from that of a private hospital.

First class rooms are on a first come first served basis. There is only one private room. There are several semi private rooms and it is almost guaranteed that you will get one of the semi private rooms.

debra is offline Registered User

Could someone please clear something up for me... a friend of mine went on one of Queen Mary's tours and left with the distinct impression that fathers who weren't husbands were not welcome in the delivery room. My partner and I aren't married, but obviously we want him to be at the birth.
    Is this the rule at QMH, and if so are they at all flexible?

How will they know you're not married? You only have to show your ID cards when you register.

Rani

Last edited by rani; 01-14-2005 at 03:18 PM.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

michelef is offline Registered User

With that kind of pricing, you might want to consider going to other gynae/ ob and give birth at Matilda? Just a thought...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast