Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

IVF Support Groups

Fiona Wallis is offline Registered User

IVF Support Groups

Hello!

My husband and I are about to start the IVF process. I would really like to find out if there are any support groups in H.K. or is there anyone out here, going through the same experience, who would like to get in touch?

Fiona

rani is offline Administrator

Fiona,

The Infertility Support Group maybe able to help.

http://www.geobaby.com/Infertility_Support_Group_L149

Also we do have a few members that have recently had success with IVF

http://forum.geobaby.com/showthread.php?threadid=114882

Hope its a success.

Rani

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User

there is also "COPING" a wonderful group of women with infertility in their lives. many are ivf success stories, many are still undergoing the ivf process. i will find and post their contact to you here in the next couple of days.

this is actually seb's mum writing, and have had two IVF's resulting in four children. i would love to be in touch and support you during the two week wait, and answer any questions you have.

tess
    [email protected]

to Seb's dad

Thank you for your help. It would be great if you could let me know what the address for COPING is.

Thanks so much!

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User

hi fiona
    i cant seem to find a contact number for them, but they advertise in dollarsaver. good luck, please get in touch if you need support or to vent. who is your dr?? tess

Vonnie is offline Registered User

New to IVF

Hi,

My husband and I are going through our first IVF cycle with Prof Haines at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Shatin.

I had egg collection on Friday 7/5/04 and was fully alert for all 32 that they took out of me. Have been in a lot of pain since, but every day seems to be getting easier. Found out on Sat that 14 fertilised.

Go back tomorrow to find out whether they will be transferred or not as I'm at risk of OHSS.

I never realised that this was going to be such a roller coaster ride with my emotions and it's not over yet!

Just hoping that they'll transfer as I don't want this month to have been a waste of time and effort.

Is there anyone else out there who's at the same stage as we are?

IVF

Hi Vonnie

Nice to hear from you. I also had a consultation with Prof Haines and know others who have been successful using him, so I'm keeping everything crossed for you. 32 eggs must be some kind of record!! At least you know that 14 fertilised which is great and even if they can't put them back this month, you won't have to go through all that trauma again.

I will start my IVF in June, as going on holiday first. Hopefully you will have some good news by then. If you would like to e-mail me. I'm on

[email protected]

Wishing you lots of luck and best wishes

Fiona

Vonnie is offline Registered User

Hi Fiona,

Lovely to hear from you too and thanks for your kind wishes.

Went to see my Obgyn this morning to find out that only 5 of my 14 eggs are of OK material and they are going to freeze them to give me a chance of pregnancy next time. As I'm at risk of OHSS they won't transfer today.

There are 6 other eggs of not so good material. I have no idea what grade they are. They are going to take these 6 to day 5 but think the chances of them lasting are very unlikely. IF, and that's a huge IF, any survive and by Wednesday I haven't started showing any symptons of OHSS they'll transfer.

I spent 20 mins trying to work out all possible options to give me a chance of pregnancy this month, but ended up with the above solution being the best for me on the basis of OHSS risk.

I feel incredibly negative at the moment. I don't believe that there's any chance of the 6 surviving so I'm already thinking about the next attempt in 2 months time. Except 2 mths is an incredibly long time away when you really want it to happen now.

Sorry it all sounds so doom and gloom at the moment, but I guess that's all part of the waiting game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast