Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

playgroups or meeting for a coffee, anything?

maxeenbaby is offline Registered User

Question playgroups or meeting for a coffee, anything?

Hi everybody,
    I just arrived in Hongkong 4 days ago with my family. We have a 7 months old daughter and are very happy with her.
    Before we lived in Shanghai and I can't believe it myself, but I really miss it now, especially because I feel very lonely here in Hongkong.
    I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me where to meet other international mothers with their children. Are there any playgroups?
    I live in the New Territories but do not mind to come downtown to meet other moms.
    Also maybe someone would like to meet us for some coffee? Everything is fine for me, just really need to meet some mothers with children who are in the same situation.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Iris and Maxeen

rani is offline Administrator

Things are still a bit quiet with people slowly returning back from Xmas break. There is a playgroup at the USRC on Tues and Fri mornings.

http://www.geobaby.com/com/mxdirectory/view/420/usrc/

Also St. John's Catherdal run a playgroup on Thurs afternoons.

http://www.stjohnscathedral.org.hk/playgroup.htm

Also, you can sign up for some classes with Maxeen. The YWCA do Kindermusik
    http://esmd.ywca.org.hk/

The YMCA in TST might be closer for you

http://www.ymcahk.org.hk/kindergarde...ml/default.htm

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Thank you Rani,
    I will have a look at the sides!
    Iris

D.S
    D.S is offline Registered User

Hi Iris,

I have a 8 month old son and we live in TST. I've been living in HK for about 2 years now. If you wanna get together with the babies for a cup of coffee or something send me a private message with your contact number. Or you can also call me... I'll send you my number through private message.

D.S

hagar is offline Registered User

hi, i also have a 7 months old baby girl and i'm also looking for people with the same age of baby. yes, meet up and a cup of coffee. i live in hong kong island though if you don't really mind? pls. e-mail me at [email protected], i'm interested to get in touch with you. thanks, josie :bwinky

Quote Originally Posted by maxeenbaby
    Hi everybody,
    I just arrived in Hongkong 4 days ago with my family. We have a 7 months old daughter and are very happy with her.
    Before we lived in Shanghai and I can't believe it myself, but I really miss it now, especially because I feel very lonely here in Hongkong.
    I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me where to meet other international mothers with their children. Are there any playgroups?
    I live in the New Territories but do not mind to come downtown to meet other moms.
    Also maybe someone would like to meet us for some coffee? Everything is fine for me, just really need to meet some mothers with children who are in the same situation.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Iris and Maxeen

peace is offline Registered User

Hello.

Please count me in! I have a 7.5 month baby girl and would be happy to get together. We're also relatively new to HK, having moved here from Singapore just about 2 months ago. We stay in HK island side (Mid-levels) but wouldn't mind meeting up in Kowloon (TST?).

Peace

Red face

Thank you so much for your replies, I hope to meet you guys soon. I sent you my phonenumber via email so we can talk about a day and time to get together.
    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Iris and Maxeen

Who is interested

Hi everybody,
    I wonder who is now interested in meeting maybe next week. Let's say Thursday the 12th of January in Central some place??? Maybe at around 2 pm??? Who is coming??? The place where to meet we still can discuss, since I do not really know any place like a caffee or so. I am new in Hongkong.
    But in case someone rather want's to meet at somebodies home I am fine with that, too. We could also meet at my place. The only thing is, that it is at Gold Coast.
    Any ideas???
    Hope to hear from you
    Iris and Maxeen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast