Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone had any experience with Dr Wilfred Wong?

graceinNP is offline Registered User

Has anyone had any experience with Dr Wilfred Wong?

Has anyone had any experience with Dr Wilfred Wong Se Hung? I've been seeing him as my OB, based in Central, since the beginning of my pregnancy. I am now at 30 weeks. He's really nice and I have no problems with him at the moment.

I don't know too much about his delivery style though. I heard that there are some OB who are surgery happy and others that will let you deliver naturally without scheduled inductions. I would prefer to go into labour naturally and have a vaginal birth, but I've heard that private OB are notorious for making you keep to their schedule as they still have a practice to run.

Any information would be most appreciated.

mooncake is offline Registered User
    Dr. Wong is also my OB and I really like his style. He spends more than 30 mins with me each time and explains everthing in detail.

My 2 friends who refer Dr. Wong to me both gave birth naturally, one after 16 hours of labour. I have discussed with him about my options, and he said if everything's gone well, there is no reason why one can't have a natural birth. Though he asked me to consider C-section due to my age and complication during early pregnancy. But he is not pushy and he says at this stage, it is just an option that I can think about.

Would appreciate if anyone can share your experience if Dr. Wong had done a C-section for you.

kidphame is offline Registered User
    My wife is also using Dr.Wilfred wong. he seems very nice. So far he has been very good. He takes his time and explains everything to us and never rushes to get us out the door. We tryed atleast 5 other OB's before him. But as soon as my wife met him she liked him instantly.

Any one else know anything about him?

Leger is offline Registered User
    I also used Dr Wilfred Wong and found him to be excellent.
    I was very keen to have a natural birth and he didn't dissuade me from my preference.
    However, after being in labour for more than 18 hours, I had to resort to an emergency caesarian as the baby was in some distress - Dr Wong was fantastic and performed the caesarian at 3.30am and visited twice a day whilst I was in hospital.
    He was always willing to answer all my questions and I found that his post-natal care was also very good.

Goo
    Goo is offline Registered User
    My friend also recommend Dr. Wilfred Wong to me. Any anyone tell me how much does he charge per visit and if he offers any perantal package? And which hospital can I choose from?
    Thank you!

simon.chua is offline Registered User
    IS Dr Wilfred Se Hung Wong the same as Dr. Wilfred Sze Hung Wong ? Can anyone let me know? and his or their contact details.

o_lll is offline Registered User
    I saw Dr Wildred Wong before and like him a lot. His clinic is at 1402 Tak Shing Bldg. You may call his clinic at 21809666.

Michelle2009 is offline Registered User
    I use Wilfred Wong and both my husband and I like him. We were referred to him by the Canossa and he has been my gynae for about three years. He advised me on pre-conception and I now see him for all my check ups with the little one due soon.

He's got a good bedside manner, easy going style and always spends a lot of time with us. He's also a very cheerful sort of person, which makes the appointments pleasant enough. He's always very happy to answer all our questions. Each appointment is very thorough and he takes a lot of time to go through the scans and explain everything we see, with an extremely comprehensive summary of the baby's month on month progress. The only thing he doesn't seem to do, and most of my friend's OBs do do at each appointment, is a urine test.....but I gather that this isn't necessarily a compulsory thing in HK.

For my first OB consultation, it was $700 and 1st ultrasound $500 and each consultation since then has been $600 plus $500 for the 4D & 2D ultrasounds. I think it's fairly average HK pricing.

He does have a delivery package but the nurses won't provide you with the info printed out, they will only show you a sheet of paper with his prices listed out. He will delivery at most hospitals.

Waiting time is quite average with him, about 30 mins or so. The longest I have had to wait is about an hour on a Saturday am, I suspect his busiest day.

The only thing I don't like is that I generally find his nurses a bit sour faced and not particularly helpful but the Dr himself is great and really, that's all that matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast