Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bel-air vs Repulse Bay

PJF
    PJF is offline Registered User

Bel-air vs Repulse Bay

Hi, my wife and I are moving to HK in August with our three young sons. We seem to be settling in on either a place in Repulse Bay or Bel-Air (we saw Phase 3). One of my wife's concerns about Bel-air is she thinks she might be a bit isolated there whereas she could just walk to the beach or around town in Discovery Bay. Also our boys really like the outdoors and riding bikes. Any comparison thoughts? Thanks.

ChrisWaltens is offline Registered User
    Do you mean Repulse Bay or Discovery Bay? Repulse Bay is on the south part of Hong Kong Island, Discovery Bay is on Lantau Island.

PJF
    I did mean Bel-Air although we are curious about DB as well. We saw an apartment at Bel-Air in Phase 3 which was really nice with great views but my wife felt it was a bit more isolated than some of the places in Repulse Bay where you could walk to the beach or some stores and maybe have more kids around.

rani is offline Administrator
    PJF have you thought about schools for the kids? HKIS, the american school is on the south side of the island and Repulse Bay or Bel-air would be better locations. Kids start at HKIS at 4. There's still quite a bit of construction going on close to Phase 3, did you not like Phase 1 or 2 of Bel-air? There are a lot more kids around the podium garden.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

PJF
    Thanks Rani. We are sending the oldest to HKIS (hopefully) and the other two to the Montessori in Tai Tam. That is our big downside to living in Bel-Air as it seems like it would be a much harder commute for the kids to school than if we lived in Repulse Bay. The agent did not show us anything in Phases 1 or 2 but I told her I would like her to let us know of any openings in those Phases (I have heard they are closer to the shopping, etc and feel less "isolated" but maybe not as nice inside the apartments as Phase 3). What do you think?

rani is offline Administrator
    The commute from Bel-Air to HKIS should only be another 20 mins or so. Have a read through this thread on the different phases.

Bel Air - phase 1 or 2 any difference?

There is a shuttle from Phase 3 that takes you to Phase 1, I'm not sure if it goes to the supermarket.Unfortunately the Cyberport supermarket stocks a very small selection of fresh veggies/meats, you'll need to come up to Baguio or take the free shuttle to Chi Fu which has a wet market.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

PJF
    Thank you!

fly
    fly is offline Registered User
    Is anybody here living in Phase 3 and can give their thoughts? I believe differnet from Phase 1/2, the flat sizes in Phase 3 are a bit smaller (1400-1500 sq) and there are 3 flats to each floor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast