- 06-30-2007, 07:17 PM #1
For how many yrs does breast milk remain or come?My son is now 3yrs old had breast milk only till he was 6mos though there was enuf milk.People said he was too lazy to bother.
Just yesterday i felt my left breast itchy and i noticed some creamish liquid come on pressing...does milk come even now?
Thanx a lot!
- 07-01-2007, 03:06 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
- Hong Kong
There are lots of documented wet nurses who continued working in to their sixties. Breast milk continues to flow for years if you continue to stimulate your breasts.
The longest I've heard of getting milk without stimulation is 13 years. There was an e-mail study to find out how long mothers had milk for. The study was on going when the man doing it talked to me so the final answer could easily be longer.
There are cases where grandmothers feed their grandchildren when the mother has died. I believe that if you have successfully breastfed it isn't that hard to get, at least some if not all of, your supply back.
- 07-02-2007, 05:08 PM #3
Thanku Sarah for the info.
- By peainpod in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 1Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:16 PM
- By Eva08 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 5Last Post: 04-19-2008, 07:50 PM
- By ren1909 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 6Last Post: 03-21-2007, 11:14 AM
- By Rosewood in forum Family HealthReplies: 9Last Post: 11-06-2005, 10:31 AM
- By Grace Bellis in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 9Last Post: 11-24-2003, 08:34 PM