Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Experience with Taxi Driver

ttc2ndbaby is offline Registered User

Experience with Taxi Driver

I wanted to share my experience with a taxi driver today. I was getting into a taxi in Pacific Place to bring me home. I had my 17 month old daughter and my stroller. My daughter was eating a biscuit and we loaded up and got into the taxi and the driver says that he would like my daughter to dump her biscuit as there is no eating in the taxi.
    I was really confused as i have lived in Hong Kong for 11 years and do not drive or have a driver so take taxis everywhere and have never been told not to eat in a taxi and here is a man telling my 17th month old to dump her biscuit!!!!

Well i just told him ok but i didnt make my daughter dump it, i let her finish it and that was that. He didnt say anything else and just took me to my destination.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

mintycat is offline Registered User
    No I have lived here on and off for more than 30 years (minus years studying abroad) and have never been told not to eat in the taxi. I have eaten in taxis before and no one has ever told me to dump my food.

kemerton is offline Registered User
    I've had this experience too. The taxi driver got angry when my then 2-year-old started eating a biscuit and was muttering under his breath the whole drive even though i'd taken the biscuit away and put it in my bag.

barbiegirl is offline Registered User
    I don't think there is a rule saying that you cannot eat in a taxi. But I think what borders a taxi driver is that if someone makes his taxi dirty he may need to find a place to stop by and clean the seats before the next passenger on board, or the next passenger might not take his taxi if the seats are dirty. Again, there is no rule on this, it is up to you (the passenger) to regard it as a reasonable request or not.
    Last edited by barbiegirl; 12-27-2007 at 06:11 PM.

captainmal2 is offline Registered User
    I've never had this experience either. Maybe you caught the taxi driver on a bad day!

~Malcolm~
    Last edited by rani; 01-11-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: link removed

syuan is offline Registered User
    I recently saw a commercial urging the public to participate in a taxi review at www.taxireview.hk

Apart from review on taxi rates and modes, it also has a section to rate their service quality.