Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baptist vs. St. Teresa's Hospital

riceball is offline Registered User

Smile Baptist vs. St. Teresa's Hospital

Hi,

I am 20 weeks's pregnant now and need to decide which hospital to stay for delivery as soon as possible. Since I am living at Kowloon side, I am thinking to select between Baptist and St. Teresa's hospital. Would really appreciate if you can share your experience with these two hospitals.

chrissy2 is offline Registered User
    From my reseach I would say the Baptist Hospital, Im due June 24, and was having the same question you were. I did my research on both hospitals and talked to people who delivered at both, and found that Baptist is better. I have never got any good reviews about st.Teresa's, all bad. I did get a few bad for Baptist as well but you must admit that not everyone can be 100% satisfied and that you can hear a bad story from almost everywhere and the like 2 bad expereiences I heard werent so bad compared to St.teresa's. I also went to both hospitals to look around, and the Baptist seemed to be better. Especially when I was asking questions and St.teresas hardley understood me.

miriam228 is offline Registered User
    I'm due mid-July and came across the same question as you. I have already paid the deposit for St. Theresa last Friday.

From the info I gathered, Baptist is generally more expensive than St Theresa. Baptist tends to have more "mainlanders" (ppl from China), though both have lots! Baptist also requires you to pay the deposit much earlier than St Theresa.

Hope this helps.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    you should go visit both hospitals. that's what i did and i preferred st. teresa's. i'm seeing dr ivan lau and he's been good at explaining things to me in english so far, though sometimes when he has too many patients he may be a bit rushed.

riceball is offline Registered User
    Thanks a lot for sharing your experience...It's so helpful since i dont have much time left to do the research now. My husband thinks the hospital should be less important if we use our private OB doctor....St. Teresa's is a bit closer and more convenient from where I am living. But I wonder what are those bad reviews about St. Teresa?

Riceball, the negative things that I learnt about St Theresa's was through the forums here.

I realized that the mother has to go to the nursery to feed to baby (if breast feed) every few hours; meaning you won't have much time to rest. In addition, the father only has ONE chance to hold the baby during hospitalization period - which is right after the delivery. (Maybe this is due to hygiene??)

Sorry, don't know the feeding and holding policies in Baptist though....

robbieudo is offline Registered User
    I am due early July and asked myself the same question. We decided to go for Baptist. Put down the 6000 deposit already as I thought the English was better and I have a couple of colleagues with good birth experience at Baptist.
    St. Theresa is smaller and a little bit cheaper, have heard more bad things then good things. Anyway found it hard to decide too. And hope I made the right decision.

What bad things did you hear about St Theresa? Can you share with us pls?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast