Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Matilda waitlist

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Matilda waitlist

Hi

I have been told I am only on the waitlist for Matilda despite booking as early as possible. Should I be concerned or is this usual and I will be confirmed in time??

Thanks
    SB2

PS I have seen some earlier responses on this but was hoping for some more recent information. Thanks in advance.

joannek is offline Registered User

if yyou're on the waitlist, it means it's not confirm. i was the same so i changed to the obgyn who can, not on paper, guarantee delivery at Matilda. pm me if you are willing to change obgyn.

KKKK is offline Registered User

Mine is slightly old news- my son is 1 next week - but it completely depends on your doctor - with some it is is 99% definite - I got my confirmation around 37 weeks - I changed doctor at around 5 or 6 months. Who is your doctor - not sure that I can help but others may know more if they know you doctor. I switched from someone unknown - even i don't remember their name to Sally Ferguson.

Thanks I am seeing Dr Grace Cheung so would have thought she would have as good a chance as any of the resident doctors to sway for a place. I have a toddler already (under 2) and never had any trouble getting confirmed straight away last time. Guess things have changed a bit since then!

Any further advice greatly appreciated. Do people really think changing from Lucy Lord's clinic would help get a confirmation?

Thanks
    SB2

sunnyk is offline Registered User

Hi,
    Don't panic- my doctor (Patrick Chan) also told us we'd left it rather late when we first visited him at 11weeks (how were we supposed to know how early everyone in HK books?!) but tried to book us in at Matilda and we were also told we were on the waiting list (that was on May 12th). We then got confirmation from Matilda a week later (May 20th) that we had a place.

So, hopefully you'll be lucky and also be confirmed before too long. After all, it's in the doctor's interest to get you in so he gets paid the delivery fee (we were told if we ended up having to go to the public hospital we couldn't have our own doctor for delivery, just whoever's on duty that day).
    Good luck!

hapa808 is offline Registered User

Hi, I am with Dr. Grace Cheung as well, and just got my Matilda confirmation 2 weeks ago at 36 weeks. (also booked in at 9 wks!) They do get 99% of their patients in, so try not to think about it too much... Easier said than done, I know!
    Good Luck!

Thanks sunnyk and hapa. I feel a little bit better now! Will try and remain calm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast