Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unnecesarean

thanka2 is offline Registered User

dolphinyp is offline Registered User
    Thanks thanka2 for your information, i'm a strong believer in natural birth, there are too many unnecessary cesarean out there , hope more mothers to be would choose natural birth which is a better thing for herself and the baby.

dolphinyp,

I agree and I think these two sites provide a lot of information and resources to help women avoid unneeded c-sections--the c-section rate is really high in the States but it is much, much higher in Hong Kong because of misinformation. Education is power.

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    The c-section rate in Hong kong is high also becos people can chose "auspicious" times, think it'd be easier to arrange due to work commitments or other reason, or think labour is just too painful to bear. Of course there are unethical obs who scare women into having unnecessary elective c-section, but the majority of mothers I know have made the decision by themselves.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i think a c-section is important when one is carrying twins, if it is a breach birth, or if there is a potential problem with delivery....a c-section will minimize potential problems. if however, a c-section is carried out for "auspicious" times I think it is a joke, because two of my friends wanted c-sections for this exact reason, but BOTH friends were a week early...so...hey, the kid wants to come out when the kid wants to come out...what can you do?!? i guess in the end it's what's best for the kid that should really matter...at least in my opinion..

carang is offline Registered User
    i agree that if possible we should try for a "natural" birth, however, i also worry about all the negativity surrounding having a c-section. i feel terrible that some women believe they are bad mothers because they weren't able to have their perfect (and planned on) natural delivery.

it should all come down to the health and well being of mother and child. it shouldn't be anyone else's business, unless you make it theirs, how your child was brought into this world.

my grandmother lost my mother's twin during that delivery and almsot lost herself. mostly because they didn't want to do a c-section. granted this was MANY years ago, but still....

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaY View Post
    The c-section rate in Hong kong is high also becos people can chose "auspicious" times, think it'd be easier to arrange due to work commitments or other reason, or think labour is just too painful to bear. Of course there are unethical obs who scare women into having unnecessary elective c-section, but the majority of mothers I know have made the decision by themselves.
    Hence the word "misinformation"--it comes in all sorts of packages--and the underlying assumption that girds up (pun intended) the overuse of c-sections is the myth that they are no big deal physically. The truth is a c-section is a major abdominal surgery that carries with it a greater risk to mother and baby than most situations associated with vaginal birth. Yes, women make the choice to have elective c-sections for all sorts of reasons. In my opinion, most of them do not justify such a procedure but at any rate, as I said, these two sites provide some more information to consider for those considering an elective c-section.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Scroll to top