Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Experts suggest to stop cow milk consumption

gladyswly is offline Registered User

Experts suggest to stop cow milk consumption

Everyone thinks (including me) drinking cow milk is good, the more the better. But studies showed that Western countries, with the highest cow milk consumption in the world, are also credited with the highest numbers of cancers, diabetes, obesity, gastrointestinal illnesses, and different kinds of allergies.

Experts show the corelation of cow milk and diseases through researches, very interesting and inspiring, now I am thinking if I should wean my baby off formula to cow milk later...

This documentary is a Chicago International Television Awards 2008 Winner, but unfortunately it's narrated in Cantonese with Chinese subtitles..

watch it if you can

? ? ?- ? ? ? ? ?

carang is offline Registered User

or could the "cancers, diabetes, obesity, gastrointestinal illnesses, and different kinds of allergies" simply be caused by the outrageous diet of 90% of the population?

i know after going "home" that the size portions are sometimes twice what they are here. and the staple diet in north america is burger and fries... THAT cannot be healthy.
    and i think THAT is the largest contributing factor... it just so happens that they drink cow's milk, a coincidence, in my book.

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Just "Google" Monsanto and Bovine Growth Hormone (BGH) and you'll find that the standard cow's milk we're drinking DOES create a good environment in our bodies for all sorts of really bad things.

BGH is a growth hormone which has been found to not only create misery for the animals being injected with it but also to speed up the growth of cancers.

There is also some correlation between the high level of consumption of hormone injected meat and the early onset of puberty in girls (little girls at 7-years-old getting their first period is NOT normal).

For this reason, there has been a rise in popularity of hormone-free meat. It's the same deal with milk. Milk is consumed so frequently in so many ways that if there is a cancer growing in the body it is known to "feed" that cancer. Afterall, these hormones are meant to make tissue grow and expand--why not cancer tissue afterall?

Documentary: The Corporation--Monsanto

Your Milk on Drugs--Just Say No Part 1

Your Milk on Drugs--Just Say No Part 2

No, it doesn't help that portion sizes are out of control but it makes one wonder what if we didn't have this crap in our milk, would things be better?

No, it's not just coincidental--it's scary how bad processed milk is for us. It's not the milk itself--it's how it is created and processed.

Konradsmom is offline Registered User

I am just speaking from experience. My son has always been a bit on the hyper side, he has never slept well since a baby and has rejected his bottle since 3 months (every feeding is a nightmare). He still drinks formula 1-2 times a day now that he is 2 years old now, but sleep is no better .....I took him to see a clinical pharmacist and she recommended that I take him off dairy and put him on soy formula ( she said any good padaetirician should have recommended that as early as 3 months when he started rejecting his bottle), but I can see some improvement in his sleep. he also had food allergies but this also seemed to have alleviated somewhat with him off his diary (including cheese, yoghurt etc).

Her advice was based the thinking that cow's milk (organic, hormone free or not) is actually hard to digest and hence stressful on the system of little ones, and stress on their digestive systems may lead to other problems ....

geomum is offline Registered User

Konradsmom your son maybe lactose intolerant. Most Chinese prefer drinking soy milk over cows milk, any chance your clinical pharmacist is a Chinese?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Konradsmom View Post
    I am just speaking from experience. My son has always been a bit on the hyper side, he has never slept well since a baby and has rejected his bottle since 3 months (every feeding is a nightmare). He still drinks formula 1-2 times a day now that he is 2 years old now, but sleep is no better .....I took him to see a clinical pharmacist and she recommended that I take him off dairy and put him on soy formula ( she said any good padaetirician should have recommended that as early as 3 months when he started rejecting his bottle), but I can see some improvement in his sleep. he also had food allergies but this also seemed to have alleviated somewhat with him off his diary (including cheese, yoghurt etc).

Her advice was based the thinking that cow's milk (organic, hormone free or not) is actually hard to digest and hence stressful on the system of little ones, and stress on their digestive systems may lead to other problems ....
    Many people are sensitive not just to the lactose in milk but also the casein which is the protein--and that usually is what affects one neurologically. I'll tell you, I have much clearer thinking when I haven't had any dairy for awhile. Also, dairy creates a lot of mucous within the intestinal walls which often leads to vitamin/mineral deficiencies because certain nutrients aren't being absorbed into the body.

Our close friends' son has autism. He was only able to be potty trained at 7-years-old AFTER the mother put him on a casein-free, gluten-free diet. Even if a child doesn't have autism--if they have different issues such as hyperactivity, I think it's a good idea to really watch what they eat. My son is not allowed to have artificial sweeteners, preservatives or colorings simply because we can see an adverse reaction in his behavior every time. It's not simply hyperactivity but a total mental/emotional meltdown. We've gotta be careful with our little ones' diet, I think and really try to support them nutritionally.

I think that what Donna Gates at the Body Ecology Diet has to offer is valuable: Diet and Autism and ADD

Little Giant is offline Registered User

Dr Sophie Leung is an advocate.
    She has a book 'You can choose note to drink milk'
    Tel: 3194 6803

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Lately I have been thinking a lot about milk, as my son inches towards the 1 year mark. I`m just getting pretty grossed out with the bad stuff that`s in cows and therefore milk. Yuck. I can barely manage to drink it myself these days, am I`m already old and ruined:)
    I think I have seen, like, ONE brand of organic milk on the market here, and it`S horrendously expensive. Then there`s all the other dairy, that honestly, I more readily consume and give to my baby. He really likes it so I won`t it out completely, but I also won`t make a weekly trip to central to buy organic dairy just so I can empty my husband`s wallet of his hard earned money.
    What I am hoping the answer here is the powdered organic whole (and skim) milk that I have seen in some places. I can`t remember the brand, but they also have organic soy milk and perhaps goat`s milk - the can is small, and I`m not sure how much it costs, but I will be checking it out again soon.
    I see so many people here feed their babies and kids the Aussie brand Pura whole milk. But aside from it being fresh(not made from milk solids), it still seems as bad as any, no?
    In my opinion:|

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast