Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

looking for convertible crib

mwong222 is offline Registered User

looking for convertible crib

looking for a convertible baby crib. have not found one yet in HK. the closest i have found only changes from co-sleeper to crib and cost 4xxx the cheapest. looking for something in the 2xxx range as i can get one from the US at 1xxx plus shipping to HK i am guessing at another 1xxx.

below is website for something that i am looking for:
    Convertible Cribs - Convertible Baby Cribs & Crib Bedding:

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    I saw them in MotherCare and B2B couple of months back, but they were more than HKD2k if i'm not wrong ...

Ask them for their catalogue, the cribs may not be on display in the stores.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Yeah, those kind of cribs are seriously expensive here. Even non convertible ones are expensive. It`s really annoying how expensive the baby products are here.
    Once in a while I see those types being sold second hand but they`re still asking for double your budget.
    If that`s the kind you have your heart set on, then I would look at having it shipped from the States or Aus since it`s closer.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Baby products are significantly cheaper in the States. I compared a couple of things and HK prices are double!

yonge is offline Registered User
    Baby products are cheaper anywhere outside of Hong Kong - except maybe China, unless you know how to go direct to the manufacturer. It's almost always cheapest to buy children's things in the States, even if they're manufactured in this part of the world (grrr), but you can get around it a little if you travel. I find things slightly cheaper in Taiwan and Singapore. Unless you're traveling by budget airline, most airlines will take it in check-in as long as you're not overweight significantly.

mwong222 is offline Registered User
    yeah, so strange that things are cheaper in the US than in HK for babies. i always thought they would be about the same. I think mothercare has something based on their website. I will look this weekend. If more than 3500 then i will buy in the US instead. Too big to check-in as i am also getting a play yard for check-in.

thanks for the info.

Little bird is offline Registered User
    I noted from another thread the convertible cot from IKEA US is much bigger than the ones available in IKEA HK (non-convertible only), nice style too, only USD159. However I tried to work out the shipping cost through expatexpress (also noted from another thread) and it seems the costs etc would be close to USD 200. That means it will be close to HK$3000 in total. I still want to order it ... but at the end noted that that item cannot be purchased online!?!!??! So frustrated. :(

I wanted some big ones like Pali or the european ones. Anyone got any suggestions .... please?