Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Doctor recomendations at PRIVATE Clinic at Queen Mary Hospital

jmom78 is offline Registered User

Doctor recomendations at PRIVATE Clinic at Queen Mary Hospital

Do to costs for full private care here in Hong Kong and the fact my husband and I have insurance, but not a very good plan....We THINK we have decided to have our care and delivery with the Private Care Ward at Queen Mary Hospital.
    In doing this, we are able to choose one of the Doctors from their list. I have no idea how to choose and am finding it quite difficult to get any further information on-line or with friends. I know I would PREFER a female doctor, but am not set in stone on that.
    Can anyone out there reccomend one of the Doctors from the Private Clinic"s list at QMH????
    Also, Please let me know any further advice on QMH's private clinic if anyone has delivered there. Thanks so much!!!

lesliefu is offline Registered User

I am seeing someone there now, Dr. C.P.Lee, which I find very meticulous and thorough....the number is 2855-5688, but when I called up the first time (my friend also recommended me) they said that I needed to get a referral from a private OBGYN before they would consider taking.... I haven't delivered yet, but I am choosing QMH because the prenatal unit there is outstanding (in my opinion) and I want that for my kid....

hope this helps.

pony is offline Registered User

Hi jmom78,

I'm a private patient at QMH and my doctor is Dr. CP Lee, who I highly highly recommend and I fully agree with 'lesliefu'! I'm 36 weeks with my first and just saw her today.

Dr. CP Lee is the team head for High Risk Obstetrics and specializes in maternal fetal medicine. Very experienced. And according to one of the nurses at J1, Dr. Lee mainly handles complicated cases and I was very lucky to have her as my doctor because she doesn't accept all the cases that come through. I had a craniotomy (open brain surgery) at QMH 2 yrs ago, perhaps that qualifies as high risk patient.

In order for her to accept you as her patient, you need to have a referral letter first. Best to contact QMH's private clinic J1 at 2855 5688 for exact procedures. Dr. CP Lee sees patients on Monday afternoon only.

Do keep in mind that there might still be a chance that the OBGYN that you see might not be the one that actually delivers your baby. But you're right to choose them as they have the best neonatal care in HK. And QMH saved my life!

At QMH, the option to choose to have a c-section is not available. Only if there is a medical need, then you can have a c-section, which you'll then be able to schedule your delivery date in advance. I'm having a vaginal delivery, so I was told to just rock up to K9 when the time comes. Then you'll be given the option to go private or public. For public, the normal deliveries are handled by midwives unless if there is a complication or multiples. For private, I was told that my Dr. might not be the one doing the delivery as it depends on her availability. If Dr. Lee is not available, it'll be the on-call doctor which there is no way to know who it's going to be.

Despite of some of the inconveniences (like not seeing your OBGYN whenever you like, and not able to do cord blood banking at QMH), I still believe that QMH is the hospital to be in as they have the most advance resources to provide the best treatment available just in case if something goes wrong.

Feel free to message me if you have other questions.

carang is offline Registered User

"Dr. CP Lee is the team head for High Risk Obstetrics and specializes in maternal fetal medicine. Very experienced. And according to one of the nurses at J1, Dr. Lee mainly handles complicated cases and I was very lucky to have her as my doctor because she doesn't accept all the cases that come through. I had a craniotomy (open brain surgery) at QMH 2 yrs ago, perhaps that qualifies as high risk patient."

things must have changed then, because when i was pregnant and being seen by the high risk dept.... the head of the dept was a man...

good lcuk!

sunrays is offline Registered User

I went public last time and ended up seeing DR CP Lee, but she did not do delivery.Don't know if it helps but she knows Dr Ghosh who is a private obgyn. Don't know if it would help to see him to get your referral letter. Worth a try.

qwert12 is offline Registered User

Correction to Private Clinic's phone number

The private clinic's phone number at QMH is 2255 5688. They ask from a referral letter (from either a private doctor or from the QMH), then you can fax the referral letter to 2205 5704, and they call you for booking. In the fax, you give your details (HKID, phone number), and the referral letter should include all the details about the doctor..

qwert12 is offline Registered User

Has any one ever seen/delivered with Dr. Thomas Li at the private clinic?

meimeid is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by qwert12 View Post
    Has any one ever seen/delivered with Dr. Thomas Li at the private clinic?
    Yes I did! PM me with your questions, happy to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast