Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trip to Singapore during Easter

carey is offline Registered User

Trip to Singapore during Easter

We are planning to take our son to Singapore during the Easter holiday for a test trip before making a longer trip in the summer. By Easter, He would be 10 month old.

Is there anything we should pay attention in terms of flying?

And what are the fun things we can do together?

Thank you.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Hey Carey we made a trip to Singapore when our little girl was 2 months old. Smooth 3.4 hour trip, uneventful. Only thing I will highlight is that she did not like the heat in Singapore. And sometimes it can be hard to get a taxi during peak hour, on rainy days (it rains quite a bit in Singapore) etc. So keep this number in your phone ... +65 65521111 ... you can call a taxi in the event of need.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    We live in Singapore and moved from HK last September. Singapore was also our first trip with our bub when he was 9 months.

There is nothing to worry about when here. The medical care is actually better than HK's and anything you would find in HK, you can find here. It's a fast trip and a very stroller friendly city.

Fun things to do - Sentosa Island (beaches, aquarium, Resort's World just opened and soon after Universal will), Singapore Zoo is great for kids, the Botanical Garden and its Children's Garden.

It is hotter here than in HK, but less humid. Cabs are very easy to get and you can ask any restaurant/hotel to call one for you and the cab will come in 5 minutes.

Singapore is clean, safe and easy to get around. It's the perfect trip for you to build confidence in traveling with your little one. Since then, we did Bangkok, Vietnam and Phuket with our son who is now just 2!

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    pls make sure that your bub is sucking the pacifier/your breast while taking off and before landing.

our first trip was when bub was nearly 1 month old and he slept throughout the flight. there was another lady with an older kid and she was having a hard time settling him down coz all he wanted to do was run up and down the aisle, tear up the magazines and bang on the tray.

carey is offline Registered User
    Thank you ladies, as our trip approaching, I have more questions.

1 Obiwan and Southside, do you know if its possible to call a taxi for 6 passenagers, like a van in singapore?

2 Are care seats for babies required by law? If yes, where can we rent one?

3 I bought steralizing tablets for bottles. But I need a buck to hold water and the bottles. Do you usually buy one locally or yor drag your own around?

4 I am aware that my son might not stand the heat there. Well, it's hot too here in the summer but we try to stay indoors. When we are travelling, we would have to be outdoors a lot. I bought quite a few summer outfit for him just in case.

Thank you

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Hey Carey!

1. There is a London-Cab-like taxi in Singapore but not common, i almost never see one on the street. So I will suggest calling for 2 cabs instead. I will advise to have the dial-a-cab number on hand, was just there for business a week ago, when you need one (rainy days, peak hours), they can be very hard to come by.

2. Actually I don't know about this one. We just put the baby strapped in her car seat (which fits onto the stroller) without strapping the seat to the cab.

3. Hotels can provide I believe.

4. Singapore, unlike Hong Kong, doesn't have many covered bridges linking buildings, so you tend to have to be outdoor quite a bit. Summer outfit works, you may want to bring a blanket along in case it rains (which happened 3 out of the 3 days I was there last week :)).

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    #2 - car seats are necessary in private cars, although they make an exception for cabs and you're able to hold your child instead. I looked into it before we were there at Christmas time...

#4 - I found it much hotter there than HK, although we were there at Christmas when it was winter here so maybe for us it was more extreme. We dressed our daughter in as little as possible. The zoo has a GREAT water play area so take swimmers!! Water play is one of the best ways to stay cool, I think. The malls are all AC'd though so if you're too hot, you can always pop inside somewhere...

southside852 is offline Registered User
    yes, you can order a van or as they are called here "Maxi Cabs" in SIngapore which most likely holds 6 people. Call the Comfort Taxi #: +66 6552 1111 which is the most used taxi call number here. You might be able to reserve one a day in advance. If you need pick up at the airport, go the ground transportation to see what options they have. You cannot order a taxi for pick-up at the airport as they are already there. You can only order private car service through your hotel or American Express Travel.

Carseats are not required in taxis. We've gone in friends' cars without a carseat and it's been fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast