Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Health insurance with the best maternity plan in HK?

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User

Question Health insurance with the best maternity plan in HK?

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with Kwiksure, Pacific Prime Insurance Brokers or DKV health insurance? We were looking for the best maternity plan and seems like DKV has a great one in terms of value for money. Kwiksure / Pacific Prime Insurance Brokers are the carriers for it. Anyone have experience with the any of the above?

Thanks!
    T

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    We've got DKV, you're right the maternity package does seem to be the best. I've only claimed for vaccinations and physiotherapy for my son so far, they paid up no trouble on the vaccines but are asking for more info on the physio so watch this space.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has DKV and what their experience has been claimswise.

rani is offline Administrator

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    I'm with IHI and they give me US$10,000 / birth - is that good?!?

Portia is offline Registered User
    I have Healthcare Intl after Rani recommended it previously. Thanks Rani!

My pregnancy and delivery costs (private room at the Adventist) were fully covered (after the excess). I think the cost is very competitive, although they could not arrange direct payment to the Adventist and I had to pay and then make a claim, and they were a bit slow on the reimbursement, taking almost 2 months to pay, but they did not dispute any charges. I am quite happy with them, given the price paid.

BTW, I purchased my insurance directly via Healthcare Intl's website.

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    thanks for the quick replies!!

jvn- did you get your insurance through an agent in hk? if so, which one? how do you file claims and how long does it take to get refunded?

rani- yes, it has unlimited maternity cover. thanks will check them out also!

lesliefu- 10k usd is about average from what i've seen, but since i'm looking at matilda and i know the costs are really high there, i was looking for better coverage.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    I went through Kwiksure, Barney there was very helpful and provided an excellent spreadsheet listing all the benefits and premiums of the different policies available. Happy so send his email if you want it.

I scan in the invoices and forms and email them to claim as they are based in Germany, I think - I haven't had it long so haven't that much experience of the claims process, it's an 8 month waiting period for the Mat benefits to kick in so I thought I'd get it in plenty of time for planning the next one.

They were pretty quick to pay up for the standard vaccines, about 2 weeks I think.

I guess the physio is not so standard so they've just asked for some more info, which is fair enough, as I'd originally just sent them the invoice - I'm in the middle of getting that so I don't know how long they are going to take once I've sent it - I'll definitely let you know if they are difficult because I went for the top cover with no excess precisely as I didn't want any hassle with the claims!

rani is offline Administrator
    Portia,

Thanks for the update! Glad that everything worked out. We're still with Healthcare too, but we haven't put in a claim yet.

HKExpat - Healthcare's maternity coverage is US$25K and 100% in case of complications

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast