Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dr.Alex Doo, Grace Cheung, Macor Wan reviews

dingdongding is offline Registered User

Dr.Alex Doo, Grace Cheung, Macor Wan reviews

I am new to HK. Dr. Doo and Dr. Wan were recommended to me from my friends; I preferred a female OB and I found Dr. Grace Cheung from the forums here.
    For those that have used either one of these doctors, can you please kindly give me your review regarding
    -- pro-natural delivery (my first was delivered naturally)
    -- experiences
    -- bedside manner
    -- office equipment
    -- cost
    -- time spent in each appointment (do you feel rushed? do you feel the dr has explained everything well?)
    -- caring
    Also, what is typically done in a regular prenatal visit? is an ultrasound/sonogram done everytime?

Many thanks in advance!

matemate is offline Registered User

macor wan is our for now (7 months pregnant). initial observations:
    - very professional, lost of experience and feel comfortable about his knowledge
    - presented with our rather unorthodox birthing plan, his response was 'everything is possible, whatever you wish'...we will see
    - he is always very rush. we feel we have to write down all the questions beforehand and then shoot off as soon as he is there. he will hear you out, but just barely...our average appointment is probably less than 10 mins
    - cost 1200 (600+600)

lesliefu is offline Registered User

macor wan is very pro c-section...guess it is because he has a lot of mainland mommies who are on limited time schedule and that is the best way for them.

KCKMelb is offline Registered User

Dr Grace Cheung

Hi There,

I am currently in my last 2 weeks of pregnancy and have found Dr Grace to be wonderful.

She has been very supportive of all my decisions, very caring, has definitely taken the time to answer my questions. No one's appointments in HK are particularly long but I've never felt rushed by her.

I did my pre-natal classes at Annerley Midwives and they are VERY pro natural and were advocates for Grace. They confirmed that she is happy to allow you to birth in whatever position you are comfortable in... squatting, standing etc... whereas some are insistent on you being on the bed.

Cost wise - its quite detailed, so suggest rather than getting someone to explain it to you via a thread that you go in and get their pricing and packaging information or call and ask that to be emailed to you.

Grace delivers at Matilda and you will find that depending on the type of birth you have and the type of room you choose, the cost of delivery will be different.

Good luck.

mcdill is offline Registered User

Dr Doo
    - pro natural: yes, supportive of a natural delivery
    - experiences: overall, a good experience. I felt confident and reasssured that I was in safe hands throughout the pregnancy
    - bedside manner: no-nonsense but understanding and friendly
    - office equipment: modern, after the birth I got a CD of all the ultrasounds which is a special memento to have
    - cost: about 1000 per visit + 900 for ultrasound
    - time spent: often have to wait because he is busy, but did not feel rushed during the appointment
    - caring: yes, can call at any time with concerns

AussieMum is offline Registered User

For my second pregnancy I had Dr Doo for the last 4 months and the delivery (my first child was born in Australia and the first 5 months were with a female Ob in HK which I was not overly happy with). If by chance I find myself going back for 3rd's, I would definitely go back and see him. I second everything that Mcdill says, he is very professional, patient, very thorough with the scans in each appointment, and his bedside manner especially in the delivery room was great. Many appointments I had my husband there and he was very responsive to both our queries, especially as we had many questions, such as changes from our first birthing experience and what we were unhappy about with the other Ob.

I never saw Grace or Dr Wan, so maybe I shouldn't comment. But I will add that I was in a baby group who had a few women deliver with Grace. They were happy with her in the appointments but with the delivery and post delivery chats in hospital she was not so impressive. But I will leave it up to others who have delivered with her to leave their comments.

Good luck with your choice! Any queries regarding Dr Doo you are welcome to PM me.

Is it a norm in HK to have ultrasound done at every prenatal visit? OR just 2 to 3 times throughout the pregnancy?

matemate,
    which hospital are you going to deliver at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast